Tribunal only destroys accounts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andres1802

04-07-2013

As stated a Hundred times before, the ability to mute someone is not a free pass for that person been an *******

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaVikings View Post
That was the dumbest thing ive ever heard. In real life you cant make another you and continue to do the same thing just under a different name. Tribunal doesnt lessen the amount of trolls, it just causes them to have to name change.
Plus retention rates for games are sketchy at best with so many new games hitting the market at all times.

You seem to believe that Riot has a 100% troll retention rate. A company would kill for that kind of return business.

After having your entire account permabanned twice i doubt you are just chomping at the bit to re-level.

Shadeykris

04-07-2013

In general Tribunal works. When you look at the data instead of just trusting your feelings on the matter, you'll see it to be true.

Lyte and Tribunal
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35694081

Some interesting posts in this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3309579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag View Post
Reporting rates for the average summoner are extremely low, no more than 2-5 in 100 games. The Tribunal is specifically designed to weed out the worst of the worst, and it picks up summoners who are far above average reporting rates. You have to be reported extremely often to go into the Tribunal at all. You also have to be reported often by people whose reporting is already very accurate, since we weight those who report lots of players for no reason very low or have them not count at all.

We also have one very important assumption with the Tribunal: we trust players. The ones who vote in the Tribunal, especially, represent the most civic-minded players we have. Not every one of them is perfect, but in aggregate they do a great job of weeding out the obvious cases from the not so obvious ones. The reporting threshold combined with an aggregate of player votes on cases results in a very low false positive rate. It happens -- no system is 100% perfect -- but it's low enough that you're more likely to get struck by lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We've mentioned this before. It's possible to have an unfairly punished case, but we tune the system to make this extremely unlikely, on the order of something like 1 in 100k or 1 in a million, literately. Consider that to get a ban you must:

1) Get reported a lot, falsely, and end up in the tribunal (hard)
2) Then get unfairly punished (hard, because the system is biased towards pardon)
3) Get reported falsely a lot again (hard)
4) Get assessed again and then banned unfairly for a few days (hard again, for reasons in #2)

When you put all of that together, the chance of someone not deserving a ban getting one, considering that we make it hard to get into the tribunal, and then hard to get punished once you are in there by how we tune vote requirements, is pretty low. It's a bunch of very small chances multiplied together, and we do look at permabans manually, so there's no chance on those.

The reason we've provided reform card (and later justice reviews) is not just to help people do better, but also to provide transparency on the tribunal and help our players understand that it IS fair, if not too generous in fairness

MinnesotaVikings

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomful View Post
Plus retention rates for games are sketchy at best with so many new games hitting the market at all times.

You seem to believe that Riot has a 100% troll retention rate. A company would kill for that kind of return business.

After having your entire account permabanned twice i doubt you are just chomping at the bit to re-level.
Then you sir have no idea what you are talking about. WIth the free RP you get for every account it takes a week max to get to level 30 again, Ive had a buddy get perma banned twice he still plays, i myself have been perma banned once i made this account i also have a 3rd level 30. Perma banning wont stop anything. The new Chat restrictions a little better

Lady Phoeniix

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
In general Tribunal works. When you look at the data instead of just trusting your feelings on the matter, you'll see it to be true.

Lyte and Tribunal
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35694081

Some interesting posts in this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3309579
Excellent Lyte post link! I hadn't seen that one.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaVikings View Post
Then you sir have no idea what you are talking about. WIth the free RP you get for every account it takes a week max to get to level 30 again, Ive had a buddy get perma banned twice he still plays, i myself have been perma banned once i made this account i also have a 3rd level 30. Perma banning wont stop anything. The new Chat restrictions a little better
Yea i dont have much experience in trolling and getting punished it is true.

I have never been reported, warned, banned. I am more of an anti-d0u#ebag.

However even if it took a full week constantly to level just to get back to trolling games with implications, i think you are overestimating the normal trolls resolve. Maybe you and your friends are just way more dedicated to being d0u#ebags, i dont know.

"I am going to work my butt of so i can grief other people."