Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So much alienware hate and yet...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FranPanginoon

04-07-2013

Alienware is one of the LCS, LoL eSports sponcership that helped make all this stuff happen.

I will never understand this counter logic. Especially when OriginPC(which is more expensive than alienware) was a sponcer for IPL5, and is a consistant signed sponcer for Team Solo Mid.

Alyran

04-07-2013

That's not counter to logic at all. They're two entirely separate issues.

Ricky Spanish

04-07-2013

Alienware computers aren't bad. They're overpriced. You can get a much better system for what they charge you.

EminentFate

04-07-2013

Quote:
Inherently Evil:
Alienware computers aren't bad. They're overpriced. You can get a much better system for what they charge you.

^this

Tydrus

04-07-2013

I made my computer for like $900 and it runs just as good, if not better than my brothers $2000 dollar Alienware computer..Their stuff is overpriced.

FranPanginoon

04-07-2013

Quote:
Inherently Evil:

Wrong. Alienware is a Botique gaming computer vendor, like OriginPC or XoticPC or Digital Storm or FalconNorthwest or MainGear.

Alienware is on par with all other boutique builders in common price ranges. Its not Alienware that's "overpriced" its the boutique PC market, in which alienware gets all the hate.

No one complains about the "overpriced" originpc's, when originPC is far more expensive, and is made from off the shelf parts and has no OEM production.

Lazergaming

04-07-2013

I stick with my Dell, tyvm.

Phenomenomnomnom

04-07-2013

They are HORRENDOUSLY overpriced. They are part of a growing issue in America which is to royally fck people over financially, to give them a brand name which satisfies their fetishism of commodity.

FranPanginoon

04-07-2013

Quote:
Phenomenomnomnom:
They are HORRENDOUSLY overpriced. They are part of a growing issue in America which is to royally fck people over financially to give them a brand name which satisfies their fetishism of commodity.

No, they aren't.
Its called a "boutique PC"

NeoLlama

04-07-2013

Quote:
FranPanginoon:
Wrong. Alienware is a Botique gaming computer vendor, like OriginPC or XoticPC or Digital Storm or FalconNorthwest.

Alienware is on par with all other boutique builders in common price ranges. Its not Alienware that's "overpriced" its the boutique PC market, in which alienware gets all the hate.

No one complains about the "overpriced" originpc's, when originPC is far more expensive, and is made from off the shelf parts and has no OEM production.

no one complains about originPC because no one talks about originPC at all unless they are paid to.