How's Jungle Jarvan? What about Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blakk Majikk

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik L Yar View Post
The problem is that, in the rare instances I get to play top, Jarvan or someone else more tanky ends up being a much stronger pick than Riven would be. (Generally need someone tanky, so it tends to be Jarvan or Garen.)
Riven doesn't particularly fit the "meta" in that she's something of a melee AD carry. That archetype is honestly pretty bad at the moment for various reasons. There's also the fact that most teams need a tanky initiator, and that's difficult for Riven. I like playing Riven too, but if I want a good team comp I can't find a place for her.

WiIl Smith

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureru View Post
Dunkmaster Kareem Abdul Jarvan is a boss hog jungler. Riven has a hard time ganking effectively, and probably would be better sent in one of the lanes.
as long as that lane is top

thepr0owns

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakk Majikk View Post
Jarvan jungle is no different. Riven jungle has never been particularly good. Tankiness and CC are qualities a jungler usually is expected to bring, and Riven doesn't have either.
a stun and a knock back arent cc?

Blakk Majikk

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepr0owns View Post
a stun and a knock back arent cc?
Riven's stun and knock back are pretty minor in comparison to anybody else with stuns and knock backs. They're not long enough to make her a strong initiator, for example, which is part of her problem as a jungler or even a top lane.