How's Jungle Jarvan? What about Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atik L Yar

04-07-2013

So, as the title says: I'm curious how Jungle Jarvan and Riven are holding up. (Especially post-armor nerf for J4.)

I've been doing a lot of Shyv jungle, because my team seriously needs a Jungler. Been using her to get used to buff control, clearing, and map awareness. (Because if you can gank a lane as Shyv, you can damn well gank it as almost any other jungler I figure)

So, looking at my character roster (Saving up for runes, so I want to cut back on new champs) I've got Jarvan and Riven, both of whom I really like playing top-lane, and was wondering how their doing in the jungle right now.

(I also have Vi, but I don't really like her playstyle.)

Phuzade

04-07-2013

Jarvan is still top tier. Riven jungle however is fast but ganking comes pretty hard. Even set with all the CC, dashing and all that would give so much time for the victim to react. Vi is really good.

Blakk Majikk

04-07-2013

Jarvan jungle is no different. Riven jungle has never been particularly good. Tankiness and CC are qualities a jungler usually is expected to bring, and Riven doesn't have either.

Nureru

04-07-2013

Dunkmaster Kareem Abdul Jarvan is a boss hog jungler. Riven has a hard time ganking effectively, and probably would be better sent in one of the lanes.

MdevilM2

04-07-2013

Jarvan is still an objectively good jungler, but he doesn't mesh as well with the meta anymore. Riven is bad in jungle.

Atik L Yar

04-07-2013

Damn.

I was hoping Riven's mobility would make her good at prolonged Hecarim-style chase ganks.

I really like Riven, but don't get a lot of chances to play her... v.v

And it was K

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik L Yar View Post
Damn.

I was hoping Riven's mobility would make her good at prolonged Hecarim-style chase ganks.

I really like Riven, but don't get a lot of chances to play her... v.v
She's only mobile within a skirmish or teamfight. Across large distances she's nowhere near Hecarim.

Nureru

04-07-2013

If you like Riven, play her top. I have a buddy who does Riven most every game and he destroys.

Atik L Yar

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureru View Post
If you like Riven, play her top. I have a buddy who does Riven most every game and he destroys.
The problem is that, in the rare instances I get to play top, Jarvan or someone else more tanky ends up being a much stronger pick than Riven would be. (Generally need someone tanky, so it tends to be Jarvan or Garen.)

And it was K

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureru View Post
Mid lane Riven, mang.