Quinn and Valor, help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanceOfSkills

04-07-2013

I'm in a market for adc that's unique and fun to play , I want a higher skill cap , not underpowered compared to others, and I want his skillset to sacrifice raw dmg for positioning and awareness , I was absent from LoL for about 2 months due to my internet issues so I didn't had a chance to see Quinn ingame but I'm reading her skillset right now and I'm absolutely loving her. So can you tell me her pros and cons and how's she doing right now and from my description do you think I should buy her. Any help appreciated , Tnx

Great Aether

04-07-2013

Well, um, you should play Quinn, just not as an ADC.

DanceOfSkills

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Qinn View Post
Well, um, you should play Quinn, just not as an ADC.
Tnx for response , may I know why??

ninbushido

04-07-2013

Pros:
-good harass in lane with Harrier passive, every time you mark an enemy its guaranteed bonus damage
-vision granted with W, CD lowers every rank
-good chasing power with E, it puts you closer if you're farther and slows your target
-great trading early game due to burst with Q and the blind
-ultimate is very good map-roaming mobility and a decent execute

Cons:
-has one of the most terrible late games of any ADC, I'd say even crappier than Corki
-short auto attack range (525) without the tankiness of Graves to make up for it
-escape is very iffy. If you use it against a Volibear or Singed or Rammus etc., you're basically guaranteeing your death as you put yourself in range of their CC spells.
-No defensive bonuses from ultimate AT ALL, even though it puts you in melee form
-late game Q does very miniscule damage. Harrier too.
-W is a very situational attack speed boost, but doesn't boost that much in the first place unless in bird form, but then again, bird form = no defenses + melee form = not that good.

Quinn really isn't the best ADC atm. She's okay in terms of fun, but if you want an ADC who can carry and has high skill cap and ISN'T underpowered compared to the others, don't get Quinn. Draven is my suggestion, you have to juggle axes and watch your positioning for huge damage boost. High risk/skillcap, high reward.

Moons

04-07-2013

If you are not ready for pain and not willing to learn much, i dont recommend her
She is fun though, probably the most unique adc ever made

And yes, she is not as rewarding as others lategame. By others i mean draven vayne

Moons

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
Pros:
-good harass in lane with Harrier passive, every time you mark an enemy its guaranteed bonus damage
-good chasing power with E, it puts you closer if you're farther and slows your target

Cons:
-has one of the most terrible late games of any ADC, I'd say even crappier than Corki
-short auto attack range (525) without the tankiness of Graves to make up for it
-escape is very iffy. If you use it against a Volibear or Singed or Rammus etc., you're basically guaranteeing your death as you put yourself in range of their CC spells.
-No defensive bonuses from ultimate AT ALL, even though it puts you in melee form
-W is a very situational attack speed boost, but doesn't boost that much in the first place unless in bird form, but then again, bird form = no defenses + melee form = not that good.

Quinn really isn't the best ADC atm. She's okay in terms of fun, but if you want an ADC who can carry and has high skill cap and ISN'T underpowered compared to the others, don't get Quinn. Draven is my suggestion, you have to juggle axes and watch your positioning for huge damage boost. High risk/skillcap, high reward.

One more pro; She is likely to be buffed. At least in my opinion

DanceOfSkills

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
Pros:

Cons:

Very detailed description , thank you very much for your time , now I'm gonna definitely buy her and being handicapped late game means bigger challenge , and bigger challenge is always more fun :P tnx

Trollmaster Cryo

04-07-2013

Bruiser Quinn solo-top ftw.

AdmiralAardvark

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceOfSkills View Post
Tnx for response , may I know why??
Quinn is an absurdly good split pusher/lane dominator, she is just a bad ADC due to short attack range and an unreliable anti-gap closer.

DanceOfSkills

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollmaster Cryo View Post
Bruiser Quinn solo-top ftw.
Is it really viable??