Tribunal and how trolls use it to enhance toxicity

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Dawn Mage

Senior Member

04-07-2013

It gotten to the point trolls probably ones on smurfs who have been permabanned. These trolls try to get other people to get permabanned. So much so that they even try to frame innocent people to get reported 90 percent of the time. The other times they are throwing out stuff in chat designed to get the victim angry in an attempt to get the victim to say stuff he should not. All just to get someone banned, which is the ultimate hurt that can fall upon someone in this game.

Tribunal is toxic, especially when people use it as a tool try to get people banned. The mere intent of trying to get people banned most times innocent people. This itself is toxic.

I am sure if the tribunal did not exist and if people could not get banned. ALOT more people would just ignore and everyone would be happier. No can get banned, which is the ultimate misfortune in this game. All you'd have to do is ignore a troll. As it is, a troll can frame innocent people to get banned and they do get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilvertonguedDvl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2013

All permabans are checked by Riot themselves.

For a tribunal suspension to go through the majority of 7-10 people (I forget which) would have to believe that someone who is not visibly doing anything wrong is doing something wrong.

If trolls use the tribunal and just constantly vote "no" then they are flagged by the system, IIRC, and their votes have less meaning in the grand scheme of things.

And it takes dozens of reports across multiple games to get into the tribunal at all.

The gist of it is: it's easy to get reported by a troll. It's very hard to get banned because of that troll unless there is a several-thousand-player conspiracy of trolls who specifically want to get you banned.

And even then you could appeal your ban through player support which, if it is unfair, would normally get you unbanned.


(Edited for additional information)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Dawn Mage

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertonguedDvl View Post
All permabans are checked by Riot themselves.

For a tribunal suspension to go through the majority of 7-10 people (I forget which) would have to believe that someone who is not visibly doing anything wrong is doing something wrong.

If trolls use the tribunal and just constantly vote "no" then they are flagged by the system, IIRC, and their votes have less meaning in the grand scheme of things.

And it takes dozens of reports across multiple games to get into the tribunal at all.

The gist of it is: it's easy to get reported by a troll. It's very hard to get banned because of that troll unless there is a several-thousand-player conspiracy of trolls who specifically want to get you banned.

And even then you could appeal your ban through player support which, if it is unfair, would normally get you unbanned.


(Edited for additional information)
Like I said. Trolls(in-game) "try" to get other people to get "punished" by the tribunal, through means of "baiting" and/or "framing". Since being banned is the ultimate way to harm someone, trolls(in-game) are now attempting to get others to befall this fate. When if the tribunal didn't exist, trolls(in-game) would not have this kind of power to harm others like they currently have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loooooooololol

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertonguedDvl View Post
All permabans are checked by Riot themselves.

For a tribunal suspension to go through the majority of 7-10 people (I forget which) would have to believe that someone who is not visibly doing anything wrong is doing something wrong.

If trolls use the tribunal and just constantly vote "no" then they are flagged by the system, IIRC, and their votes have less meaning in the grand scheme of things.

And it takes dozens of reports across multiple games to get into the tribunal at all.

The gist of it is: it's easy to get reported by a troll. It's very hard to get banned because of that troll unless there is a several-thousand-player conspiracy of trolls who specifically want to get you banned.

And even then you could appeal your ban through player support which, if it is unfair, would normally get you unbanned.


(Edited for additional information)
It's not hard to do random punish and pardons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2013

It is easy for Trolls to report you.

It is impossible for that to result in a successful ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilvertonguedDvl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dawn Mage View Post
Like I said. Trolls(in-game) "try" to get other people to get "punished" by the tribunal, through means of "baiting" and/or "framing". Since being banned is the ultimate way to harm someone, trolls(in-game) are now attempting to get others to befall this fate. When if the tribunal didn't exist, trolls(in-game) would not have this kind of power to harm others like they currently have.
They don't have that power. The player getting tricked into responding to the troll has that power. It's against the rules to "feed the troll" by arguing with them, generally speaking, since once you and he get into a *****fest you're both part of the problem: a hostile environment for the rest of the team.

As I said, for this elaborate troll to work in any meaningful fashion you'd have to be reported by him and about a dozen other people over the course of several games. Then you'd have to go through the system and players would discern for themselves whether or not you're deserving of a suspension.

Basically, it isn't happening. If you're getting banned because you think you got framed or trolled, you didn't. You got banned for doing dickish things in other games. If you think that it is undeserved then contact player support and have them check into it. It's easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Dawn Mage

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertonguedDvl View Post
They don't have that power. The player getting tricked into responding to the troll has that power. It's against the rules to "feed the troll" by arguing with them, generally speaking, since once you and he get into a *****fest you're both part of the problem: a hostile environment for the rest of the team.

As I said, for this elaborate troll to work in any meaningful fashion you'd have to be reported by him and about a dozen other people over the course of several games. Then you'd have to go through the system and players would discern for themselves whether or not you're deserving of a suspension.

Basically, it isn't happening. If you're getting banned because you think you got framed or trolled, you didn't. You got banned for doing dickish things in other games. If you think that it is undeserved then contact player support and have them check into it. It's easy.
What if the troll(in-game) is trying to say things like "report player for picking adc when we had one and refusing to communicate" when it was the troll(in-game) who is the one who trolled champion select. Just so he can say things like this is ingame to try to get someone banned. So you want people to not respond and not defend themselves when they are getting framed(which is mostly what the trolls do).

Any other time they will say bait like "wow this cait" "you suck cait" "cait's fault(when it wasn't). Other times they will say framing material like "report cait for feeding". If the tribunal didn't exist the trolls would not be working so hard to grieve others. People could just ignore the troll and be happier. As it is you must try to defend yourself so tribunal doesn't get the wrong idea. Then you get banned for defending yourself, despite not saying any name calling. Because a premade ganged up on someone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veyrak

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomful View Post
It is easy for Trolls to report you.

It is impossible for that to result in a successful ban.
I believe lyte stated something about report weight, and how if you continue to report inaccurately your reports would potentially become useless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilvertonguedDvl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dawn Mage View Post
What if the troll(in-game) is trying to say things like "report player for picking adc when we had one and refusing to communicate" when it was the troll(in-game) who is the one who trolled champion select. Just so he can say things like this is ingame to try to get someone banned. So you want people to not respond and not defend themselves when they are getting framed(which is mostly what the trolls do).

Any other time they will say bait like "wow this cait" "you suck cait" "cait's fault(when it wasn't). Other times they will say framing material like "report cait for feeding". If the tribunal didn't exist the trolls would not be working so hard to grieve others. People could just ignore the troll and be happier. As it is you must try to defend yourself so tribunal doesn't get the wrong idea. Then you get banned for defending yourself, despite not saying any name calling. Because a premade ganged up on someone.
Riot has access to pre- and post-game logs. Contact player support if you're concerned. Screencap the champ select screen where he's trolling, too, if you want additional evidence. Even if he makes such a claim most opponents won't bother reporting (no evidence) and your teammates will know themselves who was trolling and who wasn't. Who exactly will report you in this circumstance, aside from the troll, whose report value is basically nothing because he likely does this consistently?

Similarly; being baited is just something you have to learn to deal with. Aka don't deal with it. Ask him to stop. If he doesn't, report him for verbal abuse. Chatlog will have evidence of him being a dick and you being polite. Which one of you do you think is going to get pardoned if you hit the tribunal?

And if a premade gangs up on someone it's usually pretty obvious. Seriously: just be respectful/polite as much as you can. If you do so then there's not a whole lot they can do to get you banned. If you get baited into responding then you're just doing what they want/potentially raging, both of which are things you should not be doing at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Dawn Mage

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertonguedDvl View Post
Riot has access to pre- and post-game logs. Contact player support if you're concerned. Screencap the champ select screen where he's trolling, too, if you want additional evidence. Even if he makes such a claim most opponents won't bother reporting (no evidence) and your teammates will know themselves who was trolling and who wasn't. Who exactly will report you in this circumstance, aside from the troll, whose report value is basically nothing because he likely does this consistently?

Similarly; being baited is just something you have to learn to deal with. Aka don't deal with it. Ask him to stop. If he doesn't, report him for verbal abuse. Chatlog will have evidence of him being a dick and you being polite. Which one of you do you think is going to get pardoned if you hit the tribunal?

And if a premade gangs up on someone it's usually pretty obvious. Seriously: just be respectful/polite as much as you can. If you do so then there's not a whole lot they can do to get you banned. If you get baited into responding then you're just doing what they want/potentially raging, both of which are things you should not be doing at all.
You are missing the point.

Trolls(in-game) "TRY REALLY HARD" to get innocent people to do things wrong, or to frame them if they did no wrong. This gives trolls(in-game) more reason to troll, now that their can be something that the troll can legitimately destroy(another person's account). With out the tribunal, the trolls(in-game) are just that trolls that mean nothing. The tribunal gives them more reasons to do what they do, and more fuel and in itself is used as a form of toxicity. Tribunal only changed the way trolling is done in game. It is a fest of people trying to get each other banned. With out it, trolling would be different and quite frankly less effective than it is. Tribunal itself is not healthy, since the only out come it creates is destruction(destroying people's accounts). There is no good that comes from the tribunal. It does not remove trolls, it just destroy's accounts, nothing more than that.


12