Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It's fine for tournaments to use 20% of the champion pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elewd

04-07-2013

Quote:
RockMan EXE:
I play Talon in ranked instead of Zed. Come at me.

im thinking of doing this because people keep instalocking lux mid when there is a talon on the enemyteam.

Kirballs1

04-07-2013

Quote:
Division Two:
I know S3 brought some serious changes (look at what they did to Hecarim J4, Volibear and now even Lux!!!)

Melee carries still aren't even anywhere near viable and the new jungle was supposed to bring back an attempt to carry jungle.

But how many games do you get in, you still give up your buffs? You still got an assassin or wave clear mage taking your wraiths? You still have bot tanking golems now just for the 1 or 2 cs??? Pretty much your job is wolves, wraiths gank if your mid hasn't taken them. I thought this new jungle would maybe bring back junglers like Tryn and Yi. Nope, you can't really farm past 11 minutes and if you don't have a giants belt coming out of your jungle then you aren't doing it right.

Why would I need that when I'm building a Kindlegem,that builds into a randuins

FalconPawwwwnch

04-07-2013

Quote:
TheFailBus:

Yes there's some very common picks, that's how a game like this usually works, but there are a ton of champions used in specific comps or to throw people off because they are uncommon. Far more than 20% are used on a regular basis and the general balance levels are pretty good.

But here's the problem. Some champions are not viable in the current meta or are completely inferior to other champions altogether. And Riot refuses to help those champions. And for some reason, some champions are just "allowed" by Riot's balance team to stay strong/overpowered forever. Just look at shen and miss fortune for example. Both characters, especially MF, have seen constant play in the LCS since the very beggining and even earlier, but MF has barely been touched. Shen's alot more balanced now, but look how long it took Riot to do that, his rework was over a year ago. And Elise? She's been in this state forever. Her last "nerf" wasn't even a nerf, just a shift in power

a sad loli

04-07-2013

Quote:
Division Two:
I know S3 brought some serious changes (look at what they did to Hecarim J4, Volibear and now even Lux!!!)

Melee carries still aren't even anywhere near viable and the new jungle was supposed to bring back an attempt to carry jungle.

But how many games do you get in, you still give up your buffs? You still got an assassin or wave clear mage taking your wraiths? You still have bot tanking golems now just for the 1 or 2 cs??? Pretty much your job is wolves, wraiths gank if your mid hasn't taken them. I thought this new jungle would maybe bring back junglers like Tryn and Yi. Nope, you can't really farm past 11 minutes and if you don't have a giants belt coming out of your jungle then you aren't doing it right.

But jungle camps respawn....
And I seriously don't believe you if you tell me you do the stoner brothers after red.
And mids can't take wraith camp without wasting a lot of ****ing time now, so it probably wont happen pre-lvl 10~ish
Tryn and Yi are ****, get over it. It's kind of hard to "gank" if you have 0 cc. (well tryn has a ****ty slow.)

Stop whining zzzz

Watocate

04-07-2013

I jungle Sejuani.
Come at me.

Never Quite Free

04-07-2013

I play Viktor religiously. Am I cool? :3

rathy Aro

04-07-2013

Quote:
TheFailBus:
Errrr, competitive play uses a hell of a lot more than 20% of the champion pool. A lot more. Yes there's common picks, there always will be, even if everything was perfectly balanced and there weren't FOTM champs the pro's would have preferred champs to play.

But yeah, copying pro's and not using what you're comfortable with in solo queue is a bit silly.

Why was this even downvoted? Its accurate and sounds pretty agreeable.

WRHamilton

04-07-2013

Riot should let teams only pick champions few times per tourneys (or at least not two times in a row, or something like that), so they are forced to switch at one point. Since this applys for all the teams, it actually forces players to master different champions.