Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It's fine for tournaments to use 20% of the champion pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undervalued

04-07-2013

BUT THE SHEEPISM IN RANKED. HOLYHELL.

It's even less then that in every ranked game. The same usual suspects in every got damn game.

Every game there will be a lux, j4, hecarim, mumu, malphite, taric/thresh, zac, akali, cait, MF

Every single got damn game. Its like this game is 100% streamlined now. There is nothing left original about this game.

Try and pick someone no one plays and get auto-reported after any loss. Even if you did the best on the team.

Competitive tournament killed the "competition" of the community. Now its just copy and past as much as possible from top elo players THAT WOULD NEVER USE THOSE STRATEGIES AT GOLD ELO SOLO QUE.

TheFailBus

04-07-2013

Errrr, competitive play uses a hell of a lot more than 20% of the champion pool. A lot more. Yes there's common picks, there always will be, even if everything was perfectly balanced and there weren't FOTM champs the pro's would have preferred champs to play.

But yeah, copying pro's and not using what you're comfortable with in solo queue is a bit silly.

EvanIfy

04-07-2013

I usually play Ashe, my enemies will underestimate me, I surprise them late game.

Éloquence

04-07-2013

Quote:
TheFailBus:
Errrr, competitive play uses a hell of a lot more than 20% of the champion pool. A lot more.

TRUTh
WHERe?

etharian

04-07-2013

only person i play outta those is taric, and i even stopped playing him and switched to lulu as my goto support-come at me bro

JryiahSmurf

04-07-2013

Obviously it is impossible to perfectly balance 111 unique champions. But I personally feel each champion is playable and can succeed. I also feel that the over-hyped champions are overrated, and the unused champions are underestimated.

Iifa

04-07-2013

Because Riot refuses to buff the crappy champions. Oh well.

Golden Dawn Mage

04-07-2013

Quote:
EvanIfy:
I usually play Ashe, my enemies will underestimate me, I surprise them late game.

How many times you get destroyed in lane, won't make up for the late game. The enemy now snowballs and your team needs to surrender 20. This is why Cait is hot, early gamers right now are a more prized commodity in the current meta.

EvanIfy

04-07-2013

Quote:
Golden Dawn Mage:
How many times you get destroyed in lane, won't make up for the late game. The enemy now snowballs and your team needs to surrender 20.

Ahhhh but I don't get destroyed in lane. I play passive.

Anthropics

04-07-2013

Pretty much. At Silver I I still see a decent variety of picks, but I simply stopped seeing characters like Nami and Ziggs after a certain threshold of MMR. It's clear that it's possible for players to surpass their individual skill level in MMR just by playing borked champions with low difficulties, why do you think so many people play Taric?