What's the point in ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rabidzombie2015

04-07-2013

I just played two games in a row where we were doing semi decent, at least on even footing with the other team, for a while, and then when things when south, the rage started flying everywhere. I try to be a voice of reason and tell people to stop arguing and play, to get over what happened in the past, and move on, but no one will. They just keep resorting to calling people "trash" and "useless" and "garbage". I'm trying to have a good game, and I'm trying to win, and these people just fling insults and slander each other thinking that will help them win the game.

Well, it won't.

Maybe if you spent less time trash talking your teammates and more time encouraging them, or spent the time trash talking and moer time last hitting, or watching the map, maybe, just maybe, that "trash ashe" might be able to do something. If you go into every teamfight thinking that you are going to lose because your Thresh is a "dumbass hippie" and your Ashe and Irelia are doing "like no damage" you WILL LOSE THE GAME.

I'm tired of it, I'm going to stick to normals from now on. I'm trying to get better, to move up in ranked, but it's not working. Are there things I couldv'e done better to carry the team? Yes, there are. I'm not saying I don't belong at the Elo I'm at, I'm just saying that there is no point trying to move up if no one will even try to make a collective group effort to win the game.

Also it is a little frustrating to lose two games and lose about 45 LP but that's another thread.

TL;DR: Stop trash talking and focus on winning and maybe you will turn the game around. If you would rather be at someone's throat the entire game than play to win in a ranked game, please, just stop.

EDIT: I'm not insulted by the people who call names, and I don't take it personally, I just hate that people would rather blame others and get mad than actually try to win the game.

rabidzombie2015

04-07-2013

Upvotes without posts make me sad.

zuark

04-07-2013

There are definitely games where this happens and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Some games, you can get your teammates to listen to reason, but these are rare.

In my experience, the best way to turn this around is to be pretty quiet, make good calls with single pings (you just have to hope they listen), and say "gj [Champion]" every time someone does a good thing. If you get lucky and things start coming together, people will stop raging. But telling someone to stop raging usually doesn't work. They're mad because they want results.

Éloquence

04-07-2013

This is why I have decided to mainly play normals for practice until vote kick comes out, you can usually tell in the first few mins of your lobby who will be the ones rage out, or do poorly.

rabidzombie2015

04-07-2013

Bump for more responses.

Executioner

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuark View Post
There are definitely games where this happens and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Some games, you can get your teammates to listen to reason, but these are rare.

In my experience, the best way to turn this around is to be pretty quiet, make good calls with single pings (you just have to hope they listen), and say "gj [Champion]" every time someone does a good thing. If you get lucky and things start coming together, people will stop raging. But telling someone to stop raging usually doesn't work. They're mad because they want results.
Someone else who does this, miracles.

Oh by the way you should grow a thicker hide to be calling names. I just ignore it, like in real life, also I met as well add this too. Mute button, oh damn I'm a genius.

UnknownRandom

04-07-2013

I dont ****ing care. I reach a point where your ****ty game play infuriates me to the point of having to let you know so maybe you'll feel bad and never want to play the game again

because srsly, you suck

stop playing.

Go play barbies or something less mentally taxing.

Stoutbeard

04-07-2013

Completely agree. I've resorted to normals for quite some time now, unless I can duo queue with my brother when he is home, which isn't often. I'd much rather be having fun playing in normals, than pushing for rating in ranked and getting slandered myself or losing because others in the team are bickering.

If you play any kind of team sport, when someone stuffs something up you don't abuse the **** out of them or make them feel any worse about it than they already do. You encourage them to try harder and do better next time. So why do it in LoL? It is sad really.

Executioner

04-07-2013

Because people have a complex about others. When something bad happens they throw things out of proportion. Then others get mad and then you get slammed by the argument time. Happens every second of the game. Just wish people would calm down and relax.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Idiots dont realize they are just as culpable for other peoples performance as well.

Not matter what in a lane there has to be a winner and a loser. Those people raging have lost plenty of lanes and had plenty of bad games as well.

If you have a team member doing poorly and you dont offer a lane switch, provide a gank, help out with wards, offer advice, ease up on a sure kill to let them pick it up, allow them to catch up on farm, etc, then you are just as responsible for the loss as they are.

Win as a team lose as a team.

Doesnt matter how good you are at league mechanics if you suck at teamwork you will always do poorly. This is something rampant within the community.

That is why you see so many people saying OMG team sucks, OMG i lose because of baddies, etc.

What that really means is OMG i suck at teamwork.