"Official GD 'Kha'dvice' Thread" (Previously @Xelnath)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraRising

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Here's one that will make you laugh.

I'm at a video game launch event. I see a girl carrying a heavy stack of games. I tease her for not having her boyfriend carry them. She tells me to be careful, her boyfriend designs tanks. I say I'd punch out a tank for her.

Three years later, I'm at WCG and I see this cute photographer running around. I absolutely have to meet her, but she disappears. A friends invites me to a private party. She's there. I introduce myself, telling her she was so cute, I had to meet her.

Pretty much make an ass out of myself that night. She talks to me anyways. Two weeks later, she reveals that she remembered me from the video game launch three years earlier. More than slightly creeped out, I decided to give it a shot.

We get along great 1 on 1, cannot stand each other in public. I try to lock her down, she runs away screaming. She ends up dating a super-hot artist, publishing a book and becoming infamous on the internet.

Moral of the Story: Girls whose boyfriends I offer to punch live adventurous lives.
I don't know if I believe this story, but after the last weekend I may know who you're talking about.

AnimusvsAnima

04-07-2013

moral of the story?

Xelnath should date guys. They're less fussy.

Rasako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

the feels in this thread, this was a very insightful read! I think a lot of men, myself included, definitely feel like we aren't good enough at times and are more focused on finding the right woman than shaping ourselves into the right man, I will definitely be taking a lot of this to heart

Sona Kisses

04-07-2013

Quote:
Ah see, but it all depends on how you view it.

Some people are going "oh god, why is he QQ". But for me, these are instead the steps on the journey of better understanding myself and how people perceived me. We all start from a place of fear, terror and hopelessness.

It is only by facing the fear, ignoring the terror and risking our hopes that we grow, learn and understand what it is to become the best person we can be.

My exes learned something from me that helped them understand what they really wanted vs. what they thought they wanted. They in turn taught me a little bit about myself and helped me open up and admit my weaknesses.

So to each of them, a little thank you. To each of you, scared of being alone, I say: "try anyways. change for the better. failure is impossible as long as you keep getting up. the story of you is not finished yet."
An amazing post. This actually applies to me... Such a great post, Xel.

Andrastos

04-07-2013

Quote:
I totally agree. I hate Ted. Barney is my hero.

He's a flirtatious, manipulative bastard... but he's genuine about it.

NPH FOREVER!
Agree that Ted is annoying and Barney is great, but Marshall is the man. That guy is so funny.

Andrastos

04-07-2013

Quote:
Getting baited so hard here!

Stop trying to date an engineer. I get the sense you don't actually want an engineer for a wife. You want someone who challenges you and pushes you to be more than just your work, right?

To find someone like that, you need to reach outside the easy access zone of your major. Visit a different school club every day until you find something novel you like to do.
You should write an advice column. I can see the headline for a revamped Journal of Justice: "Ice Witch makes her move in Frejord! Latest news from the Void leaves Valoran quaking! Xelnath talks relationships!"

Silent Pete

04-07-2013

i'm 12 posts in and Xelnath needs to make an autobiography

i would buy that in an instant

Ninjaorigami

04-07-2013

bump for excellent xelnath stories

Apocagenocitis

04-07-2013

Xelnath, why are you so cool?

larryiscool

04-07-2013

jrhe