Promoting into a new division is like a colonoscopy

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

04-06-2013

Currently getting 2 LP a win. The clamping system to promote is so badly designed. Read the following before you post some generic post about how it’s to prevent me from going into a division I shouldn’t be in.

-My win rate has ALWAYS been between 53-60%, i'm 44 wins for 37 losses (this should mean my MMR is high for my division)

-I won 5/6 of my last games, my LP gains were +25,+20,+3,+2,+4,-30. Starting at 41 LP, currently at 77. (Think about this for a minute, if I was getting clamped due to not having high enough MMR for my division, how would winning 5 games in a row decrease my relative MMR?)

-Before I got above 80LP I had always got more LP for wins than losses (This indicates my MMR was high for my division)

-Doing the math, at my current LP gains with a 54% win rate and assuming a 50/50 chance of winning a promotion series it will take me about 75 games to promote. (That’s means each game will give about .2 LP)

-In most games I play most of the players are in the next division up, and typically not division 5. In my second to last ranked game they were all division 2 in the next tier up. (Indicating that most likely i'm playing at an MMR above my current division)

- This is the division I was placed in when the new system came out. (Should my MMR be above the division average I was placed in with a high win rate?)

All of these things should indicated the system they use is not designed well.

EDIT: to be clear this is about promoting out of a division, i.e.: silver to gold, gold to plat, etc

iAwakened

04-06-2013

Same problem im having... never thought getting out of bronze 1 was so painful -_-

Crowcide

04-06-2013

are the things i listed about my situation true for you also?

Crowcide

04-06-2013

Gonna bump this Monday, would like a riot comment. They've mentioned a few times that they feel division 1 is pretty ridiculous right now, hopefully they can give an update.

Crowcide

04-07-2013

ttt

XSparkleFistX

04-07-2013

I dunno. Took me 4 games to get out of Silver IV. Maybe it's harder when you get into III/II/I?

Crowcide

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSparkleFistX View Post
I dunno. Took me 4 games to get out of Silver IV. Maybe it's harder when you get into III/II/I?
the problem is when you are promoting out of a division. So bronze to silver, silver to gold, etc

Tussle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

it's a bit opaque. still, I had a 6 game win streak when I was getting out of silver, hit 96 pts, (2 or 3 per game after 80 as well), lost one down to 78 pts, won one and got 22lp for it. Boom promo.

Kaimitsu

04-07-2013

The clamping system is the most ignorant hair brain part of the new league system. I won my bronze five placement series FIVE times before I managed to get past the stupid +5 -10 madness. You literally have to win like three or four games in a row AFTER getting promoted to not get kicked back down. Its beyond stupid.

BanderitaUSA

04-07-2013

You will get out of the clamping after a few more games.
I was clamped when getting my first promotion series into Platinum, lost it 2-3, down to 90, won a game, promotion again.
Lost it again 2-3, down to 90, lost 3 games to 54, then won 2 games to promotion again.
That means I got 46 LP from my last 2 wins.
Seems like it didn't clamp at all.
I can't remember how many games I played in the 60-99 LP range for my first promotion series, but it wasn't more than 20.

12345 ... 7