Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does it get better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Negropotence

04-06-2013

Ever since I got into silver V it has been the most unpleasant experience in LoL. I put a ridiculous amount of effort to do well in every game to just get dragged back down to 0 points after 3 wins at most because of (mostly) unskilled players.

Especially when I play adc. It's very rare to get a support that will work together with me and not run into the enemy team at inappropriate times.

chalistinkhorn

04-06-2013

everybody in the entire league of legends is currently having this problem it is THE MOST talked about thing in league EVERYONE is sick of having bad teams but there is no way around it to riot money talks and bull**** walks they do not give a **** if we have fun or not they ban us so we have to buy more champs they just want the cash flow

Haen

Recruiter

04-06-2013

I'm told gold gets better, but until you hit the point of the game where everyone understands this is a team game and working together is the way to best ensure victory, you're going to have the occasional troll.

Still, its important to remember everyone has bad games. Think of it this way, if you have a bad game every 1 out of 5 games, that means you can reasonably expect someone to have a bad game on your team every game.

chalistinkhorn

04-06-2013

we are not talking about people who have bad games im talkin check their match history and its WAVES of **** and 2/3 are victory.. logic riot... iv seen 3K games won fail every time massive problem is these toxic bad idiot players who ruined this game

Whoa There Betsy

04-06-2013

if you see a support making mistakes, tell them what they are doing wrong and hope that they correct their behavior. help them out don't just give up

MicKretz

04-06-2013

ya i just lost 3 games cuz we have huge lead after laning phase and then everyone goes and does their own thing like a side quest from a rpg adn we throw the teamfights mid game (if u can call 2v5 team fights in 3 different areas of the map teamfights)

so it doesnt get better.....every 30 matches i get a 1 good team and we just perform so well and everyone knows what they are doing....but the other 29 is so painful and heartaching

FreljordsFinest

04-07-2013

Well you see, when you are in the botton of a tier, people dont care if they lose becase their is no possibility of going below to the lower one. for example if ur Silver 5 you have NO risk of failling into Bronze 1

SeCKS Egai

04-07-2013

Quote:
Negropotence:
Ever since I got into silver V it has been the most unpleasant experience in LoL. I put a ridiculous amount of effort to do well in every game to just get dragged back down to 0 points after 3 wins at most because of (mostly) unskilled players.

Especially when I play adc. It's very rare to get a support that will work together with me and not run into the enemy team at inappropriate times.

I'm an adc main myself, and while I placed siv 3, I've hit siv 5 twice.

Initially, I found that playing my main (Vayne) is horribly risky as she doesn't shine till later and the majority of games are decided during the lane.

Currently, I'm 9 games below 50. Some were afks/dcs, some were close, and an occasional blow out.

I ran support for my last game the other day. From what I've been seeing, as an adc I'm playing as if I'm teamed with higher silvers and not adapting to lower bronze teammates. We were fairly behind, but with solid warding and shot calling (pinging) from me we secured the win. If I adc, if we get behind it's probably a loss because most supports at the lower levels don't value warding enough, let alone the rest of the team. Heck, even if we win the lane, if top and mid fall behind its most likely gg then too.

I know I'm with low bronze and bottoming out when folks start to blame me as the adc when I see poor initiations and positioning across the team. The last game my team was expecting me to work miracles without even providing me a front line, even got told to learn to play by a bronze 4 with over 200 games in ranked.

While its satisfying to know I'll never be that low, its sad to know my mmr has dropped so much that I can even be teamed with one.

At this point, I think I probably need to play support more to elevate my mmr back to normal before I run adc regularly again. Since I have yet to run a single duo, gambling that my support and I are going to run well together has shown its more likely not to. When a random support and I sync naturally, we do well and often results in some perty scores. If we don't, we end up behind and relying on top and mid to win their lanes (which is usually not the case).

Negropotence

04-07-2013

Something I've noticed is that people just don't play support well in lower rankings.

Seem like the majority of people don't appreciate the role and just think it's what you choose when all the other roles are taken.

So yeah, playing support definitely helps a lot if you're good at support as you can make the adc win if they're able to follow your cues and whatnot.

Plz Nerf Irelia

04-07-2013

One of the guys i used to Q with would go horribly positive if he got mid top or adc

We'd still lose even with his scored like 18/4
He's 93 wins 94 losses and can't get more than halfway up silver 5 before everyone makes him play support or Jungle. Kind of funny to see him lose all the time.