Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Server" Merge EU/US

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invisusira

12-21-2010

I would really like to know if Riot will do this cuz there is now way I will start a new account... Since beta I have played on US ._.
Please Riot say something! :3

teeli

12-21-2010

i tried to start a discussion about it few months ago, sadly only thing i got was "we don't plan anything like that in nearest future"

gave up and leveled another account on EU, now i have 30's both on US and EU. However i'd gladly see the "worldwide" version of the game with ability to merge accounts ^_^

MefistofelesX

12-29-2010

Quote:
Miiu:
First of all I'm aware I wrote this in another thread already but this thread was aimed at account migration which is not what I have in mind.

Friend of mine is bugging me for quite a while to join the EU server because he wants to have a lower ping. But after all the work and money I have put into this account, its way to frustrating making the switch and starting from scratch.

So my suggestion would be a server merge in terms of accounts. Which would mean that players keep the stuff they earned, the friends they added etc. and give players the opportunity to choose before matchmaking wether they want to queue for EU or US.

You sir saved me of the trouble of making a thread EXCACTLY the same as this! Many players make the mistake of creating an account at the US server and not the EU and vice versa! This is something that HAS to be done. I hope RIOT will hear you and do something about this matter.

gnoevoet

12-30-2010

So a friend of my sister and her BF started playing LoL before european server existed, and spent money on it. My sister and her BF started playing on european server, and I joined them as well (I used to play dota, but it's fun to play with family etc). Then, after a while (only at like lv 10 or so), they migrated to US to play with their friend. I quit playing (played dota instead), now I started again on the US, because my brother (who mains EU but plays US to play with us) and my other sister started playing as well. We even got our dad playing now. Then there's some people my brother knows from another game, forced to play the US if they want to play with us.

There you go, 10 people playing the US while they would rather EU, just because riot didn't make such an, in my eyes, important issue anywhere near top priority. I can't begin to understand why they did not make an account transfer possible the moment european server opened up. I don't mind money-grabbing or anything, but I do mind creating all kinds of hassles for people. If there's some reason for why it's hard to transfer accounts, then, in my opinion, riot should have prioritized fixing that rather than putting the server up "half-arsed". At this point merging is already much harder (people with same account names, one on US one on EU, people having accounts on both servers). Not to mention a lot of the damage is already done because people had to do double work leveling up.

While I haven't spent any money on this game yet, and thus can't really complain... I'm really not inclined to do spend any when such "crucial" matters aren't prioritized over, well... anything I can think of.

The only issue I can see is that if you simply dupe the accounts over, then people from the US can give their european friends basically free level 30 accounts with tons of stuff bought, and vice versa. However, this is quite easily fixed if you just disallow both of the accounts being online at the same time (which would automatically be the case if you merged servers so one account is used to log into both).

TLDR:
What the f riot, why haven't you done this in the first place =/

cineva3

01-02-2011

Greatest idea ever! Until than you can still switch servers from EU to US and US to EU (but you have to have 2 different accounts, one on EU and one on US) with the ServerSwitcher3.0 free download from http://www.silviuvlad.tk
Happy New Year, and hope it helps you!

MefistofelesX

01-04-2011

This thread died...... No riot employe is going to answer and ofc I dont think this idea will become reallity soon. Nice try Miiu

Ellimaus

01-09-2011

Bump.

where do i sign?
/sign

Flessuh

01-14-2011

this thread needs bumps!!!

/sign

really, this would be better then a new map or 10 new champs

MefistofelesX

02-07-2011

bump

ARTiIIery

02-12-2011

blc has this option when you chose to play ranked eu or us, would be nice if i could play with my champions and skins without lag on eu servers