An idea for girl gamers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dasick

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingOverHere View Post
Well even if they reveal they are female purposefully or accidentally, dont harass them all the same
if I look like a woman

does this count?

Pïxie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

A parting gift for Mr. MRA.

If you read it, you might actually learn something about the stuff you're trying to argue.

http://jezebel.com/5992479/if-i-admi...lling-prophecy

PrawnJohn

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
The only equality I care about currently is the fact that women still make less on average than men in equivalent positions and are less likely to receive promotions or get the job when all other aspects are equal. The only reason I continue to give a damn about whether random people I have never met (teh internetz) treat women poorly is that I think the social aspects feed into the financial ones.

I upvoted you for actually trying to present an argument in this largely pointless thread. I also liked the point regarding how streaming is, inherently, self-aggrandizing. I think it says something that women who stream games get labeled as attention-seeking *****s but male streamers are just "pro".
I'm not really after upvotes. I'm just trying to present some common sense when it comes to addressing inequality or rage-posting on the forums. My point was to emphasize that our genders are not equal by any means, but that we should strive to have the same options available to each when it comes to climbing the social and financial ladder. There are many aspects of the judicial system and financial system where men aren't treated fairly either. Out of personal experience, I can tell you that in some local's up here in good ol' Canada, women literally get thrown into placements in local's with lower credentials than some of the men who apply. solely because of their gender. Men are also treated unfairly when it comes to custody battles.

My point is that most people should look at the big picture of inequality, instead of focusing on the disparages of one gender. We should work together to fix all unequal aspects of society, instead of separating ourselves and fighting against each other to further our own agendas.

Don't know why I got so many downvotes for that, but hey, it's not like anyone wants to actually challenge my opinion. Since everyone just downvoted it and you were the only one who bothered even taking a snippet of it to affirm your own position.

Sad, that so many people shoot something down without even giving a reason for it, but it's not really a big deal.

Thanks for actually having an opinion, though.

PrawnJohn

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxie View Post
A parting gift for Mr. MRA.

If you read it, you might actually learn something about the stuff you're trying to argue.

http://jezebel.com/5992479/if-i-admi...lling-prophecy
Something that the writer of that article fails to understand, is that you can use the majority of her arguments against her, and that she has a misconstrued perception of what a "humanist" is. She's also defining feminism by her own version of it and encompassing the entire spectrum of "feminists", inclusive of the ones who have misandric principals and ridiculous positions. I'm talking the extremists. You need to define yourself from them, and not support them if you're aiming to make your version of feminism a morally justified one.

Just like you can't blame misandry for your personal disparages, you cannot blame mysogony for your personal disparages. If you reject one concept, you must reject the other.

On to the "humanist" thing. Humanism is a fight for equality based on the conception that all humans are equal. Feminism advocates specifically for women's right's. Masculinism advocates specifically for men's rights. Nobody is calling for someone to label themselves as a humanist and ignore all of the inequality issues on our planet. We're calling for everyone to advocate for equal rights on both sides of the fence, instead of just one.

We might not be equal, but advocating specifically for one's rights over the other does not lead to a society completely devoid of all discrimination and inequality. It's actually the exact opposite. I see no problem promoting a misconception, if that misconception of people leads to a better life for all. Maybe instead of focusing on the labels, we should focus on eachother?

Vrisk

04-07-2013

Most of you have a very skewed perception of females that play this game.

I am not speaking for all of us girls, but I am speaking for a good portion of us.

There's some of us who happen to be females, and play this game for same reasons the rest of you do.
I spend hours every day queuing up for ranked, trying to get better, and trying to just have fun while doing it.

Just because I am a female does not mean I want recognition for it, or that I want attention.

A lot of times, girls only point out they are girls because 90% of the time we just let people assume we're guys and go along with it. But every once in a while, it just gets... irritating? To always just go along that you're a guy, what's wrong with correcting someone for referring to you as the wrong gender? Last time I checked, that's totally reasonable, but most of you assume thats just "trying to get attention"
Face it, females are the minority of this game, so of course it's usually assumed that you're a guy unless you point out otherwise, that doesn't automatically make it a cry for attention.

I think you guys really need to think from our point of view.

I'm not speaking for all of us, but I am speaking for a good portion of us girls who just like to play the ****ing game like anyone else.

lol don't get why i'm being downvoted, but whatevs.

Teefachu

04-07-2013

Gawd so much hate over a gender in this game...
If you see a girl and their rubbing it in then just simply ignore them, those are the girls who have no lives and looking out for attention from trolls who fall for it.

catraven

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrisk View Post
Most of you..
you missed the part where a lot of women try to control gamers and cry incessantly on the forums. it's not pleasant to put it lightly

Dasick

04-07-2013

Quote:
Most of you have a very skewed perception of females that play this game.

I am not speaking for all of us girls, but I am speaking for a good portion of us.

There's some of us who happen to be females, and play this game for same reasons the rest of you do.
I spend hours every day queuing up for ranked, trying to get better, and trying to just have fun while doing it.

Just because I am a female does not mean I want recognition for it, or that I want attention.

A lot of times, girls only point out they are girls because 90% of the time we just let people assume we're guys and go along with it. But every once in a while, it just gets... irritating? To always just go along that you're a guy, what's wrong with correcting someone for referring to you as the wrong gender? Last time I checked, that's totally reasonable, but most of you assume thats just "trying to get attention"
Face it, females are the minority of this game, so of course it's usually assumed that you're a guy unless you point out otherwise, that doesn't automatically make it a cry for attention.

I think you guys really need to think from our point of view.

I'm not speaking for all of us, but I am speaking for a good portion of us girls who just like to play the ****ing game like anyone else.

lol don't get why i'm being downvoted, but whatevs.
the problem is that most females do not play games for the sake of gameplay and challenges. They treat games as another theater of their social lives, and use it as their own social chatroom and amusement park.

They would rather play games to meet new people and have fun with friends. You rarely see a woman play a competitive game by herself, rather they would do it in groups.

Male gamers can play for the sake of playing the game all by themselves, for the competitive urge. Fun for us stems from good gameplay. Mindless decadent fun for the sake of mindless decadent fun is just stupid, that's not a game, it's a toy

I'm just thinking that we don't really like it when females play video games for the wrong reasons

Also your siren songs of doom, enthralling white knights and neckbeards and enslaving them to do your bidding

Vrisk

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasick View Post
the problem is that most females do not play games for the sake of gameplay and challenges. They treat games as another theater of their social lives, and use it as their own social chatroom and amusement park.

They would rather play games to meet new people and have fun with friends. You rarely see a woman play a competitive game by herself, rather they would do it in groups.

Male gamers can play for the sake of playing the game all by themselves, for the competitive urge.

I'm just thinking that we don't really like it when females play video games for the wrong reasons
Well, like I tried to explain, not all are like that. I just get irritated that people generalize all females because some are like that, I won't disagree with you; but it leaves the rest of us to be grouped in with them, which is unfair to judge all females based on a vocal minority of ones who are like that.

I'm not here playing this game as a female to get attention, or to get guys to like me. I don't give a ****. I just want to play competitively, work on getting better, and just have a good time doing it. It's just annoying to constantly be disrespected and generalized like that. I'm not some annoying feminist or anything, I just want to be treated the same as anyone else who plays the game, and I'm sure there are many other females who do too.

90% I solo queue ranked games, I occasionally duo with my boyfriend or a friend. I don't even play normals at all, so I'm not here to just play with friends and not take the game seriously to work on getting better.

I'm not sure if my posts on this matter sound *****y, but it's just so frustrating never being able to make any kind of remark about being a female without being treated the way everyone assumed we are.

I'm just trying to speak out for those of us who play the game for the same reasons you do, that's all.

edit: lol downvoted no matter what i try to say. i give up haha

Dasick

04-07-2013

Quote:
Well, like I tried to explain, not all are like that. I just get irritated that people generalize all females because some are like that, I won't disagree with you; but it leaves the rest of us to be grouped in with them, which is unfair to judge all females based on a vocal minority of ones who are like that.

I'm not here playing this game as a female to get attention, or to get guys to like me. I don't give a ****. I just want to play competitively, work on getting better, and just have a good time doing it. It's just annoying to constantly be disrespected and generalized like that. I'm not some annoying feminist or anything, I just want to be treated the same as anyone else who plays the game, and I'm sure there are many other females who do too.

90% I solo queue ranked games, I occasionally duo with my boyfriend or a friend. I don't even play normals at all, so I'm not here to just play with friends and not take the game seriously to work on getting better.

I'm not sure if my posts on this matter sound *****y, but it's just so frustrating never being able to make any kind of remark about being a female without being treated the way everyone assumed we are.

I'm just trying to speak out for those of us who play the game for the same reasons you do, that's all.

edit: lol downvoted no matter what i try to say. i give up haha
alright let's have an intelligent discussion regarding this if you will