An idea for girl gamers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
So then you are only reinforcing those ideas by calling yourself a girl gamer.

You are not doing ANYTHING to erase those gender associations, you are only making it worse.
Not making it worse. It's staying the same. Player says they're a girl, and guys jump on her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venaccio

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
w

how
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiyoSpirit View Post
Not making it worse. It's staying the same. Player says they're a girl, and guys jump on her.
TIL girls aren't too bright and do belong in a kitchen

Do you just like the attention you get for being a "girl gamer"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acindo View Post
Holy ****. What rock did you crawl out from under from you jerk? I don't treat people different if they are Black or Gay.

The only girl gamers I see on here piss me off because they are attention seeking *****s that arent very good but always have a donate button.
I don't have a donate button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alumenlux

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Blanket View Post
Girls who broadcast to the internet that they're a girl, are always looking for some sort of special treatment . I can sort of understand why'd they exploit their gender in a MMORPG (free stuff for showing pixelated boobies!) but in a MOBA?... They just want fanboys for lots and lots of attention.

Ever notice that 80~90% of the female LoL streamers aren't that good and usually have that donation option?
I don't disagree with you but I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting free **** and special treatment

It's never good to generalize, if a girl is all uppity about objectification and is inclined to a more archaic set of morals, all the power and respect to them

If a girl knows she looks good and wants some free donations from little kids on the internet, who am I to say anything against that? Not like any harm comes to me personally. The only feasible argument is that these showy girls cause people to act badly towards girl gamers in general and while I concede there may be some prejudices due to this, they are certainly insignificant

My way of thinking is a ****ty way to think if extrapolated but within the scope of gaming, it is what it is lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-06-2013

"girl gamers" don't want to be treated equally. They want to be treated special. otherwise they wouldn't mention they are a girl as part of their title.

People who simply play games, and happen to be girls, are the people you're thinking of OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
no I'm serious you make no sense

"it is assumed by default that gamers are male"
"BY SAYING YOU ARE FEMALE YOU ARE JUST ENFORCING THAT STEREOTYPE"

doesn't that have like the opposite affect


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venaccio

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
"girl gamers" don't want to be treated equally. They want to be treated special. otherwise they wouldn't mention they are a girl as part of their title.

People who simply play games, and happen to be girls, are the people you're thinking of OP.
My mistake was thinking that ALL girls wanted to do that.

But apparently some girls like the extra attention that comes with labeling yourself a "girl gamer" so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
no I'm serious you make no sense

"it is assumed by default that gamers are male"
"BY SAYING YOU ARE FEMALE YOU ARE JUST ENFORCING THAT STEREOTYPE"

doesn't that have like the opposite affect
The actual word "gamer" does not have a gender associated with it. There are more gamers that are guys than girls, but that doesn't mean girls need to go around letting everyone know they're girl gamers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkwahn

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acindo View Post
Holy ****. What rock did you crawl out from under from you jerk? I don't treat people different if they are Black or Gay.

The only girl gamers I see on here piss me off because they are attention seeking *****s that arent very good but always have a donate button.
I wasnt aware that you were the entirety of the internet.

My bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StationaryObject

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr



TIL girls aren't too bright and do belong in a kitchen


Do you just like the attention you get for being a "girl gamer"
Are you f ucking with us now?
Cuz that some stupid sh*t.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veyrak

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Gender means little on an online game. Similar to how sexuality also means little on an online game. You don't need to know that someone is a female for game play, nor do you need to know that someone is a guy for game play.