An idea for girl gamers.

12345612 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venaccio

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiyoSpirit View Post
But I am a girl gamer. D:
Why can't you just be a "gamer"?

We don't call ourselves "boy gamers" so I don't see why you have to be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanie View Post
the majority of them do not exploit their gender and still get trolled and harassed

the "fault" is not entirely on the "girl gamers"
WHY do we have to know they're girls? How do we know unless they tell us?

Why can't they just queue up, play the game, and move on. Why do they EVER have to reveal their gender inside a match?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alumenlux

Member

04-06-2013

There's not too much difference between wearing a semi-revealing outfit in a social setting or on stream, just you get money from prepubescent boys for doing the latter. Some disapproving people on the internet would probably be mad but then I'd shrug it off in my pile of donations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Why can't you just be a "gamer"?

We don't call ourselves "boy gamers" so I don't see why you have to be different.
Because gamer, by default, means you're a guy. Just like by default, when you say police people automatically think of men.

I was just trying to give you more information.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Blanket

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Girls who broadcast to the internet that they're a girl, are always looking for some sort of special treatment . I can sort of understand why'd they exploit their gender in a MMORPG (free stuff for showing pixelated boobies!) but in a MOBA?... They just want fanboys for lots and lots of attention.

Ever notice that 80~90% of the female LoL streamers aren't that good and usually have that donation option?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gK Waldo View Post
No way man. That's logic and there is no logic on gd.
That statement is not logical.

Show me the logic process behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Blanket View Post
Girls who broadcast to the internet that they're a girl, are always looking for some sort of special treatment . ?
This is not a defensible statement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venaccio

Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiyoSpirit View Post
Because gamer, by default, means you're a guy. Just like by default, when you say police people automatically think of men.

I was just trying to give you more information.
So then you are only reinforcing those ideas by calling yourself a girl gamer.

You are not doing ANYTHING to erase those gender associations, you are only making it worse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-06-2013

I was really hoping the first line after the title was going to be "show us your boobs"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
So then you are only reinforcing those ideas by calling yourself a girl gamer.

You are not doing ANYTHING to erase those gender associations, you are only making it worse.
w

how


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acindo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwahn View Post
People don't treat faggots or niggers equally if they "reveal" themselves either. It's the internet.
Holy ****. What rock did you crawl out from under from you jerk? I don't treat people different if they are Black or Gay.

The only girl gamers I see on here piss me off because they are attention seeking *****s that arent very good but always have a donate button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasqureMan

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Why can't you just be a "gamer"?

We don't call ourselves "boy gamers" so I don't see why you have to be different.



WHY do we have to know they're girls? How do we know unless they tell us?

Why can't they just queue up, play the game, and move on. Why do they EVER have to reveal their gender inside a match?
Some people in these games actually talk to each other as if they're real people and not words on a screen. Most gamers are male, so it's assumed everyone is male. Why shouldn't a female be able to say they are female? Why do you have to immediately want to lash out against them for revealing they aren't a male? It could just end there if there wasn't so much hatred against girls being in video game communities.


12345612 ... 38