Need Builds for Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bl4ck0ut13

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutyohairfoo View Post
No offense but you are hilariously wrong, Sheen/Trinity Force are probably the two best items for Nasus' dps.
I have to agree with him, every build ive tried with sheen/trinity force has been pretty successful as a DPS

RamboBatman

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushD View Post
As stated above, killing enemies with Spirit Fire are enemies that aren't killed by Siphoning Strike, and also any smart opponent will just run outside of Spirit Fire due to its start up time.
Using SF does not preclude using SS. If you like to use just SS to farm you're going to kill a creep every time its up. If you use both SF and SS you're still going to kill a creep every time SS is available but, you're also going to kill additional creeps with SF. The only problem with SF farming is that it is sometimes too good and you can deprive your lanemate of money but, honestly, its pretty easy to get last hits in on creeps that have been weakened by SF.

Furthermore, your "any smart opponent" comment kinda misses the point. You use SF exactly so your opponents move, it allows you to control the lane you're in. Nasus does this better than any champion you can name (except perhaps Soraka). Your opponents get the awesome choice of tower-hugging and attempting to last hit from there (although SF's range/delay allows you to lay it in front of their tower without taking damage) or they can try and pressure you back while taking damage and sitting in a -armor aura.

Anyway, my point wasn't that SF is an all-around better skill than SS (although I do believe that). My point was that Chalice of Harmony is a better buy for Nasus than Philosopher's Stone. Regardless of the rest of your build, simply replace PhilStone with Chalice and it has just gotten that much better. Other characters that a) have trouble farming and need money or, b) get harassed and don't have means to avoid harassment/recover health might need Philosopher's Stone but, Nasus doesn't have any of those problems.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboBatman View Post
replace PhilStone with Chalice and it has just gotten that much better. Other characters that a) have trouble farming and need money or, b) get harassed and don't have means to avoid harassment/recover health might need Philosopher's Stone but, Nasus doesn't have any of those problems.

Nasus gets harassed. hard.

he's a melee hero which means that ranged lane oponents can keep you off the creep line as long as they want with no fear of retribution. You're a tank, but your health is only so high early on. you can't take constant harassment, and spirit fire does not counter harass sufficiently. especially at the very begining of the game.

furthermore, your lifesteal is low in the earlygame, and you aren't doing enough damage to creeps to restore health as quickly as you'll be losing it if harassed.

Additionally, without being ON the creep line, his lifesteal means nothing. So you can say that his lifesteal is enough health regen that he doesn't need help. but all it takes is any ranged hero taking pot shots at him and he has to back away. If he has now health regen items, he's suddenly in a bad spot. He can't get close enough to creeps to lifesteal them and he can't regen health without lifesteal.

Regrowth pendent/philosopher's stone give you the health regen you need to be able to sit on a creep line when combined with natural lifesteal, and gives you the ability to regen health from the sidelines without lifesteal when needed. And it gives you the mana regen to tactically use any ability you want, you just can't spam anything but siphoning strike unless you want to go oom.

CrushD

12-08-2009

@RamboBatman Heh, slightly confused by your post, sometimes unclear who what is directed at. I never said anything about Philosopher's stone at all. That aside, I don't think Spirit Fire is bad, I even stated there are situations I would get it in early game. I'm quite aware that it moves your opponents, which is why I stated as such, its just that some players get it to try to hurt their opponents, in which they'll just walk out of it. Does it give great zoning, sure. But do I think it should be maxed early, no, I still believe what I said: its great late game in a team clash for the reasons I stated in my previous post. Also you make it seem that just because I last hit with Siphoning Strike, I'm not going to last hit a creep just because Siphoning Strike is on cooldown. Heck no, go for all the last hits you can, but leveling siphoning strike and CD reduc from brutalizer early definitely make more of those last hits Siphoning Strike last hits.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-09-2009

The way I level up my skills is purely based on how rough of a lane I am in. If I'm soloing then ill get 4 levels of spirit fire asap to wipe creep in one go. If I'm with a lane partner and we having a pretty easy time I'll just put 1 point in each and focus on wither for ganking.

GNOY

12-09-2009

www.solomid.net There are many vids of high ELO Nasus there. You can watch build and play style (or take lessons in other words). Just find the one where Messiah plays him.

RamboBatman

12-09-2009

@Sonic: I wrote out this long response listing some reasons why SF prevents harassment and how early HP-pots are more efficient than regrowth pendant but then lost it because my connection timed out. Long story short: Give Chalice and SF farming a try and then tell me you have harassment problems. If you've already tried it and still prefer your method then obviously I'm not going to convince you. A whole lot of discussion about preferred builds and strategies happens on these forums but, ultimately, whatever works best for you is what you should go with.

@CrushD: I was responding to your quote merely because I thought you misunderstood the purpose of SF during laning. Sorry if it was confusing but my PhilStone comments were directed at Sonic. Also, I acknowledge that maxing SS gives you more opportunity to last-hit with it but, I feel that puts you in a position where you're racing against your opponents to see who gets more money. With SF farming, basically, you get to farm and your opponents don't. You'll end up with marginally less stacks on your SS but, your opponents will end up poor and sad. Possible issue with this strategy: keep a constant eye on the mini-map because, dear god, your opponents are going to be calling mid to come gank you early and often. Keep Wither up so you can escape and you should be fine, hug tower until mid leaves and then resume domination.

unentschieden

12-09-2009

I have to agree with RamboBatman here. Health Regen like Regrowth never keept my enemys from harrasing me, Spirit Fire does. The point isnīt to endure harrasing but to be the one that harrasses. If you can force your enemy to retreat your Passive can fulfill your Health Regeneration needs.

Early SS leveling IS good but so is SF. Itīs basically a tradeoff between Gold and SS charges, leveling SS early DOES boost your charges (unless you keep running out of mana) but itīs not so mutch that itīd balance out the farming/pushing effects of SF. Iīd go with SS if I had trouble with a enemy that harrases me despite SF but that has yet to happen to me.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

I find that if you spam spirit fire too much, then it pushes the lane under their turret to quick and you have to really back off.

feeding SS pays dividends late game and the money from philosopher's stone will help make up for any gold you might have missed from not "spamming" SF.... though you still can USE spirit fire without chalice. and once you have philosopher's stone, boots and sheen, you should be able to easily take down golem whenever you want if you really need the mana regen

Dreadstone

12-09-2009

No offense but you new noobs know nothing.