Need Builds for Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bl4ck0ut13

12-06-2009

I feel that Nasus can be really strong with the right build. He has a lot of potential since he is a hybrid of tank and dps. I wanted to get some input from other people and maybe some high ELO people too. Any build is accepted this is just a discussion thread

bobthegood

12-06-2009

2-3 hearts of gold.

Wow, I'm so helpful.

Charmzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Hey Nasus is my main and I'm loving everything about him. For summoner stats I run 10-0-1 atm as i am only lvl 11. for offense i basically run crit chance and armor pen. for my skills I use Cleanse and Ghost. Clease is amazing, thats all there is to be said about it. Ghost is always great for chasing, getting away, or running to assist. my runes are all crit chance and armor pen. When the game starts I start with a mana sapphire so i have enough mana to soulfire-push my middle lane. i later branch off into mats for boots of swiftness, zeal & Sheen(to be later made into trinity force), Executioner's calling, and frozen heart. Play defensive at first, soul firing creeps and siphoning when you can. watch out for offensive players early game and take advantage of their mistakes. once you get your avatar ability, you will better be able to hold your own in a fight vs these players. being a solo hero and a creep pusher you will make tons of money. late game Nasus is rediculous if played right. I hope this helps as a start, if anyone wants more detail, feel free to post and ask.

object

12-07-2009

DPS nasus; sheen > zerkers greaves > phage or BF sword depending on how well you are doing and team setup > BF sword (again) > frozen mallet or trinity force or infinity edge > black cleaver > whatever item you want

Tank nasus; phage > mercury treads or swiftness depending on enemy team setup > giant belt > warmogs or sunfire cape > banshees > frozen mallet > any other items you want.

blackmoses

12-07-2009

this is the item order I like to use since most good games are decided by lvl 8-10

boots + 3 mana pots - spam spirit fire for creep kills faster exp and more killing blows for siphion strike.

glacial shroud for the CD and increased mana pool (CD reduction is a must with nasus)
sheen
boots of swiftness or berseaker greeves
turn glacial shroud into frozen heart
phage
zeal
Turn sheen,phage,zeal into trinity force
stack health if you're the only tank or lifesteal if you're support dps/tank. You're always support since he's not main dps or main tank.

then say GG

for skills
I like siphion strike first (you need to grind this skill from the start to the end) - should end up with 100+ damage by end game

-siphion strike
-spirit fire
-siphion strike - now each kill gets you +2 damage isntead of 1
-spirit fire
-wither
-wither
-siphon strike
-wither
-spirit fire
-wither
and w/e else it don't matter at this point.

The first 7-8 lvl's is key and I beleive you need your siphion strike lvl'd. Mid game I use spirit fire for creep kills and armor reduction in team fights. Until lvl 5 it's aoe sufferes.

My first 6 lvl's are always built the same way. after that it's all situational on how the game's going. If it's a stand still you'll want more moeny for better items so you'll need to be a better farmer so max out spirit fire. If you're team ganking at this point max out wither. If you're solo ganking get wither lvl 2 and max out siphion strike.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Regrowth pendant -> philosopher's stone
Mercury Treads or Ninja tabi depending on situation
Sheen -> trinity force
Warmog's Living Armour
Atma's Impaler
Force of Nature or Phantom Dancer

if the game goes long enough, sell philosopher's stone for whichever of those last two you haven't bought yet.

get siphoning strike first and then spirit fire.
get wither 3rd so you can have an escape/initiate
then focus spirit fire leveling
Upgrade ult whenever possible
focus siphoning strike last since upgrading it doesn't have as much of an effect as upgrading his other spells does

he'll end up VERY tanky and VERY fast with great damage output too.

Dreadstone

12-07-2009

First off do not get anything that deals with ability.... If you want to see a guide ive made for him since him and Shaco are my favorite. go to http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...vatar+of+Death
my guide is there. basically everything you do for him revolves around his sciphoning strike. so i either go lifesteal/attack speed or Dps/Crit/Hp.
Always get sciphoning strike first no matter what.

Bl4ck0ut13

12-07-2009

Sonic i tried your build and its working out great especially with a tank or a stunner, Its game over

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ck0ut13 View Post
Sonic i tried your build and its working out great especially with a tank or a stunner, Its game over
I've been perfecting that build for a while.

I think it works brilliantly.

thanks for the recognition.

RamboBatman

12-08-2009

I like building an aura-heavy Nasus. Build Chalice first so you can spam SF and make a ton of money. After Chalice build boots (almost always Merc. Treads) and Sheen (early game sheen is really all the offense you need). After Sheen I start work on Aegis and Stark's. IMO these aura items really help decide teamfights and, Nasus abliities aren't really affected by what items you buy so there's no reason for him not to carry them. After Aegis and Starks you can either build Sheen into TriForce or get to work on Frozen Heart or Soul Shroud. Nasus makes so much money that you might find yourself with a full inventory and wondering whether you should sell your chalice to build the last aura. Yes, yes you should. The most important thing about this build is showing up. You can easily solo for the laning phase of the game but, as soon as you get Aegis you should stick with your team and generally run around scaring the **** out of your opponents with your giant dog-face. Also don't miss an opportunity to drop SF on the Wraiths on either side of the middle lane for more money, you don't even have to stick around to finish them off.

My starting skill order is SS>SF>SF>Wither>SF>Ult. Siphoning strikes is good to get first but, it doesn't do you much good to increase its level until the very end, the ability has been changed so that it adds 2 damage per kill no matter what level its at.

Anyway, this certainly isn't the be all and end all of Nasus builds but its fun and works well for me. Out of curiosity, Sonic, why don't you build Chalice instead of PhiloStone? Its not like Nasus needs either the HP regen or the gold/10.