So are dodge runes the best to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomeoneRandom

12-06-2009

mp/level is perhaps one of the worst runes out there... especially for dps casters....

your almost always better going with either magic pen, health, regen of some sort or AP over mp/level...

Rectal Necrosis

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
mp/level is perhaps one of the worst runes out there... especially for dps casters....

your almost always better going with either magic pen, health, regen of some sort or AP over mp/level...
Eh, having an extra 100 Mana when your character hurls three cards every three seconds and drains mana faster than a frat boy drains alcohol in Mexico. I agree though, late game having an extra OOMPF for your AP or magic pen is great for casters like TF.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
The problem with dodge is that it only affects Autoattacking. Most of the damage done in the game, particularly at high levels of play, is with abilities.
Serious? What happens to physical DPSers then?
I'd hate to think that there are scarier damage than Yi or Jax doing 1k DPS from auto attack. Can you clarify how they do it?

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
I'd hate to think that there are scarier damage than Yi or Jax doing 1k DPS from auto attack. Can you clarify how they do it?
Yi cannot do 1k dps cause he dies from two aoe abilities or 1 stun in mid/high lvl of the elo bracket.

765Immortal

12-07-2009

You can dodge abilities. I've seen it happen before. Intentionally working or not, that's up to Riot. However, I'd say the best runes to get are Flat HP. Early survivability is key, it seems, due to spammable spells and combos that can kill, especially with Summoner Spells like ignite and exhaust.

Dodge runes are nice, but they are a percentage and arguably necessitates one to get the dodge related masteries. Since there is now an item that, for a time, nullifies dodge, its questionable what value stacking dodge has now when playing against smart players.

Bait

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post

for seals? the magic pen/ap is definitely far worse. and for /level items, static is better than regen. late game is dependent on max hp/mp not regen.

ThePlumber

12-08-2009

When master yi is hitting like a mack truck, ashe's crits are insane, and teemo is shooting his blow gun like a tijuana call girl, you will be glad to have that 6.75% dodge. You can also get 2% from masteries.

EchoRex

12-08-2009

I've got a page with dodge Quint/Seals that I use a good bit when I feel like taking Ninja Tabi, it really gives PhysCarry champions a bad day to run up and miss almost a quarter of their attacks before armor even plays a part.

JohnCataldo

12-08-2009

One of the nicest aspects of Dodge is the random chance, especially vs. players who aren't paying enough attention (which I admit isn't going to happen in high tier games). Much like hitting a last-second Heal the enemy didn't expect, dodging 1-2 attacks when you are facing off 1v1 can surprise the enemy and save your life. It's like the reverse of crit damage where you surprise someone with extra damage so they don't evaluate the battle properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
There are only a few champions I would recommend dodge runes for: champions that already have something to do with dodging. Jax (his E adds dodge and lets you stun on a dodge), Katarina (she can get Dodge on Shunpo with Killer Instincts), and Sivir (who gets dodge while moving). Most other champions benefit from different runes.
Udyr also gets a lot of bonus dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Depends what scares you. There are a bunch of casters who can do more than 1k in a short period with burst damage, but they can't keep it going like physical DPS can. In a team fight you often prefer burst damage so you can knock out 1-2 champions quickly, but obviously neither one is strictly better. And you usually want some physical DPS so you don't still lose afterwards, and so you can rip down towers.