So are dodge runes the best to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mospeed

12-06-2009

I'm making this assumption solely on the fact that they are the most expensive defensive rune. If I had a full book of T3 dodge runes would it be better than anything else?

Mios

12-06-2009

I am working on getting them, 800IP each is a lot. I will just get the 9 seals though, which makes 6.75% dodge I think. Dodge is great because there are no items to counter it, the 10% runspeed when you dodge mastery is awesome too. I play Mundo though, I'm not sure if you'd want to stack them on a caster but it wouldn't hurt quite frankly.

wildfire393

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios View Post
Dodge is great because there are no items to counter it.
Untrue, the new Sword of the Divine has an active that gives you dodge piercing for a short period of time.

The problem with dodge is that it only affects Autoattacking. Most of the damage done in the game, particularly at high levels of play, is with abilities.

There are only a few champions I would recommend dodge runes for: champions that already have something to do with dodging. Jax (his E adds dodge and lets you stun on a dodge), Katarina (she can get Dodge on Shunpo with Killer Instincts), and Sivir (who gets dodge while moving). Most other champions benefit from different runes.

mospeed

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Untrue, the new Sword of the Divine has an active that gives you dodge piercing for a short period of time.

The problem with dodge is that it only affects Autoattacking. Most of the damage done in the game, particularly at high levels of play, is with abilities.

There are only a few champions I would recommend dodge runes for: champions that already have something to do with dodging. Jax (his E adds dodge and lets you stun on a dodge), Katarina (she can get Dodge on Shunpo with Killer Instincts), and Sivir (who gets dodge while moving). Most other champions benefit from different runes.
Not too sure about this. I recently dodged a teemo shroom which is what sparked my curiosity.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

dodge is pretty good if you have dodge for mastery.

the mp/level and hp/level seals are fairly good too.

imo, the mp/level seals are the strongest seals.

cTse

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mospeed View Post
Not too sure about this. I recently dodged a teemo shroom which is what sparked my curiosity.
wait wtf?
can anyone else confirm that spells / abilities can be dodged?

mospeed

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
dodge is pretty good if you have dodge for mastery.

the mp/level and hp/level seals are fairly good too.

imo, the mp/level seals are the strongest seals.
For DPS casters perhaps, mp/level isn't the best for all champs.

wildfire393

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cTse View Post
wait wtf?
can anyone else confirm that spells / abilities can be dodged?
I'm fairly certain no. The only dodge-able spell is Parrrley, since it treats it as an attack.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

i think mp/level is the best for any hero that has mana.
it is unreasonably high for a seal.

Rectal Necrosis

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
I'm fairly certain no. The only dodge-able spell is Parrrley, since it treats it as an attack.

My gold card counts as a normal attack (which is why even when you TP you can't avoid the **** things), if people can dodge my "normal" attacks it seems possible they can dodge certain skills (such as Amumu's grapple as opposed to Blitz's grapple).

Honestly? Dodge sounds *****in' for someone like Teemo or Yi, for someone like Anivia or Twisted Fate though I like to stick with AP and mana.