Executioner's Calling v. Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

01-08-2010

Blah, dropped off radar when it wasn't top of page material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPriS View Post
5v5 fights are a typical game deciding situations.

Poor positioning is not being in position to kill your opponent. If i cannot get to my opponent quickly I may lose it for my team. Initiation is a non issue, Mundo is not an initiator. Having an initiator do well allows Mundo to get into position quicker which again is boosted again by the movement speed of his ulti.
Exactly. Mundo is not an initiator, yet without initiation Mundo suffers from poor positioning prior to the fight, poor crowd control during the fight, or bad usage of his ultimate. Using the movement speed boost from the ultimate works, but is far from the best usage of the ability, especially when it will cost as much or more than it regenerates when used early.

Other movement and positioning really needs to be used to get a complete maneuver turned on the opponent, again, without initiation or distraction by your team, even with enhanced movement from the ultimate, you will not penetrate your opponents lines to attack their weaker mages or carries.

Quote:
By getting attack speed you mean increasing Mundo's ability to deal damage.. Of course I increase mundo's ability to deal damage. If you wish to argue about what method increases mundo's damage the most that is another issue.

Life steal helps his survivability which again requires you to be hitting something which again is boosted by his ability to get to his opponent quicker with his ulti.
Which won't matter at all if the person playing is opposed by anyone paying attention at all to their screen if Mundo initiates with movespeed from his ultimate. It doesn't work at all without initiation and positioning, like I said previously.

Quote:
Also, the second he is struck with exec calling the next ticks of healing are reduced by 65 percent.
Duh? But, to be fair to your proposed effective usage from previous posts, the early start will net some sort of regain that will offset the cost to gain the movespeed and limited effective regen at that health cost.

Quote:
The quicker you deal damage in a fight the less likely you'll need to catch runners. Generally running away from a fight only hurts your team. Strafing out of it forcing an opponent to target change and then running back in is a different story altogether.
Another argument for attack speed, or maybe reliance upon initiation from teammates and positioning upon the person playing Mundo.

Quote:
The higher the ELO the less likely people are to commit to a fight they do not have a chance of winning.

Mundo being able to fight at the brink of death thanks to ulti + life steal is what made him effective.
Yes, which makes anything like a base heal of 50% of maximum all the more effective when combined with the ability to time when to throw a Cleaver or maximize on target time with Masochism and Burning Agony.

Quote:
Also the next time you reply, please explain why you feel your statements are valid.
I always was, but with the presumption that the person responding would read preceding posts and, for that matter, the current posts.

----------------------------

In essence: yes, EC can decrease the effect of Mundo's ultimate, but it by no means removes the health regain when used at an opportune moment nor stops the speed boost the ability affords allowing Mundo to escape or allowing him to finish his opponent after proving his solidity.

AmPriS

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Exactly. Mundo is not an initiator, yet without initiation Mundo suffers from poor positioning prior to the fight, poor crowd control during the fight, or bad usage of his ultimate. Using the movement speed boost from the ultimate works, but is far from the best usage of the ability, especially when it will cost as much or more than it regenerates when used early. Other movement and positioning really needs to be used to get a complete maneuver turned on the opponent, again, without initiation or distraction by your team, even with enhanced movement from the ultimate, you will not penetrate your opponents lines to attack their weaker mages or carries.
I never said Mundo goes in first, that is stupid. I do not know why you bring that up.
Even with initiation by a Malphite, you still need to get to your targets quickly.
With executioner's calling you gain very little HP from it and you are left with using it for movement speed more than anything else.

Quote:
Which won't matter at all if the person playing is opposed by anyone paying attention at all to their screen if Mundo initiates with movespeed from his ultimate. It doesn't work at all without initiation and positioning, like I said previously.
Again why are you arguing this, I have stated Mundo is not initiating. Why do you keep bringing this up? This isn't supporting any of your arguments.

Quote:
Another argument for attack speed, or maybe reliance upon initiation from teammates and positioning upon the person playing Mundo.
Yes, which makes anything like a base heal of 50% of maximum all the more effective when combined with the ability to time when to throw a Cleaver or maximize on target time with Masochism and Burning Agony.
Again, attack speed is an increase in damage. If you want to argue what increases Mundo's damage more that is another issue, I believe crit chance does more for mundo than stacking a ton of attack speed.

Quote:
And again, you aren't getting anywhere near the full effect of your ultimate because of exec calling, did you forget about it?

Quote:
In essence: yes, EC can decrease the effect of Mundo's ultimate, but it by no means removes the health regain when used at an opportune moment nor stops the speed boost the ability affords allowing Mundo to escape or allowing him to finish his opponent after proving his solidity.
The opportune moment is when you are taking damage. The speed boost is always there but again, this is about the healing, the healing is the Meat of the ultimate, the movement speed is just the buns. EC SEVERELY burns the meat. I believe proving you solidity should mean using your ultimate in a team fight like most other heroes try to do. That is like telling a Yi to use highlander to clean up instead of in the heat of the battle.

The majority of your last argument had to do with positioning. Remember the topic of this Executioner's Calling and its effect on Mundo. You can always take measures to mitigate the effects of something on another hero but that doesn't mean it is balance.

Is the effect of Executioner's Calling on Mundo's ability to function justified? Are there any other items that affect other heroes in such a manner? Are the precautions and counters you suggest that Mundo should take valid or do they significantly inhibit Mundo's ability to function?

Thann

01-09-2010

Roflmao

+1