Executioner's Calling v. Mundo

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmPriS

12-06-2009

A single item should not be able to negate his ultimate. Please change this.

Dr. Mundo will sue Riot item developement team for negligence. In order to prove a case of negligence against Riot item Developers, Dr. Mundo must prove by a preponderance of the evidence that Riot had a duty to Mundo; they breached that duty; breach was the actual cause; breach was the proximate cause; the breach caused actual injury.

Dr. Mundo is an employee of Riot and therefore Riot has what the law considers a special relationship with him. It is a duty of care based upon section 314b (1) of the restatement (2nd) of torts. The Riot item development team has the duty to exercise reasonable care to avert threatened harm to its employees.

The Riot item development team breached this duty. It allowed an item to negate Dr Mundo's ultimate which is meant to prevent harm and certain death from happening. The executioner's caller when inflicted upon Mundo severely affects his ultimate.

The riot item development team is the actual cause of Dr Mundo's Injury. But for the executioner's calling debuff Dr Mundo would be able to use his ultimate to regenerate any lost health.

The Riot item development team is the proximate cause of Dr. Mundo's Injury. The Polsgraf case is landmark for establish what falls under the proximate cause. In this case the implementation of Executioner's calling created a 'Zone of Danger' Anyone struck by it could be affected by its debuff. The facts show that an opposing enemy hero was wielding the executioner's calling and that opposing hero struck Dr. Mundo. The opposing hero was an intervening cause but not a superseding cause. If the executioner's calling debuff had not affected Dr Mundo's ultimate ability he would have easily regenerated all his health.

Finally this breach did cause actual injury to the good Dr. Mundo. For you see he died =( He suffered mortal wounds and fell during the battle of the 5 man river dragon gank.

JayceJa

12-06-2009

Quote:
Finally this breach did cause actual injury to the good Dr. Mundo. For you see he died =( He suffered mortal wounds and fell during the battle of the 5 man river dragon gank.
so he dies to a 5 man gank, and you blame executioners calling instead of his own negligence?

though to be fair, executioners calling got buffed in the wrong way, the effect was fine and countered healers pretty fine, but the problem was the item itself it was on was too weak, so instead of changing the item or buffing its other areas, they buffed the anti-heal

AmPriS

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
so he dies to a 5 man gank, and you blame executioners calling instead of his own negligence?

though to be fair, executioners calling got buffed in the wrong way, the effect was fine and countered healers pretty fine, but the problem was the item itself it was on was too weak, so instead of changing the item or buffing its other areas, they buffed the anti-heal
Even if there was Contributory negligence the courts in Valoran still allow for partial recovery.

JayceJa

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPriS View Post
Even if there was Contributory negligence the courts in Valoran still allow for partial recovery.
your forgetting something

the institute of war IS the courts in valoran, and mundo lost

AmPriS

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
your forgetting something

the institute of war IS the courts in valoran, and mundo lost
It is in the best social interests that battles take place in the 'Fields of Justice' are honorable and fair as to fit their name.

Elad

12-07-2009

Sounds like a 1L has spent too many hours studying for a torts final. Man, I really don't miss law school finals.

AmPriS

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elad View Post
Sounds like a 1L has spent too many hours studying for a torts final. Man, I really don't miss law school finals.
I have to do something to make it fun.

I8C SRS FACE

12-07-2009

As a summoner that often employs the use of Dr. Mundo, I agree. Executioner's Calling negates both his passive and his ultimate, making it very difficult for him to find work. Pretty soon, he'll be out of a job and in the unemployment line like the rest of us.

JayceJa

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPriS View Post
It is in the best social interests that battles take place in the 'Fields of Justice' are honorable and fair as to fit their name.
It is in the best social interests of the adversarial system of justice that trials that take place in the courts of justice are honorable and fair as to fit their name.

however as anyone who knows anything about the system knows, this is very rarely truly the case as each parties legal representation is not of equal skill or experience

this type of inequality of akin to the inequalities in the institute of war due to balancing problems, and while attempts can be made to correct it, can never truly be eliminated as a problem of the system of justice

Chairs

12-08-2009

I like where this is going.

Oh also:

- Oracle pots are way OP against stealth heroes, nurf.
- I don't believe you should make it possible to stack magic resist against full caster teams, it makes their purpose obsolete.
- Armor is OP, it counters specific heroes, nerf.
- Rammus' ultimate is OP, it specifically counters turrets.
- Executioner's Calling is really worth paying for just to counter a tank's ultimate.
- I think Sword of Divinity is OP, it counters Jax for 5 whole seconds.

Get it?

12345 ... 6