I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehpersuns

04-05-2013

I would be ok with Troll king if riot didn't remove the personality of the cursed troll to impliment him.

Cursed troll was about a guy who sacrificed everything just so trolls would like him, learned nothing he could do would ever make them like him, then go waaaaaaay past the point of being able to give a dakb, ever.

Troll king is about outsmarting people and smashing them.

Two very different characters.

woopyfrood

04-05-2013

So Instead of responding to old-Trundle fans' well-written arguments for compromise, Riot pats the back of an OP that supports its current stance, highlights over-impassioned Trundle fans, and stickies the thread.

Of course.

ItemsGuy

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopyfrood View Post
So Instead of responding to old-Trundle fans' well-written arguments for compromise, Riot pats the back of an OP that supports its current stance, highlights over-impassioned Trundle fans, and stickies the thread.

Of course.
It's a little thing called "damage control," I'm afraid.

It's okay to drop the ball as long as you make it look like you did a cool thing to the rest of the community! This sort of discontent never piles up over time.

Dezell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
It's a little thing called "damage control," I'm afraid.

It's okay to drop the ball as long as you make it look like you did a cool thing to the rest of the community! This sort of discontent never piles up over time.
So this is where the conversation ends? With no actual answers or real responses as to Trundle specifically? I read all of IronStylus's posts and I really didn't see anything beyond "This is the way it is now."

As far as I can tell, with 31 red posts and a sticky, they're calling this conversation closed.

I bought Trundle a long time ago. Can I still refund him?

SirWhaley

04-05-2013

The OP makes a better point than anyone who is still upset about Trundle's lore change. That's it.

Chibodee Crocket

04-05-2013

Quote:

Of course.
Of course that way the ''Everything IronStylus does is gold'' circle jerk can continue. Wouldn't be surprised if there was no Red Post until the change goes live.

woopyfrood

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWhaley View Post
The OP makes a better point than anyone who is still upset about Trundle's lore change. That's it.
That's subjective, but I get the feeling that you haven't been reading the in-depth rebuttals.

Aacey

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
I missed this part of his lore.

Didn't he SAVE the clan by taking the plague onto himself? Since he gets the whole clan's worth of plague himself, the rest are now OK, since there's no plague left for them.

That's what I remember, at least.
by him taking the plague they lost their regenerative capabilirts and therefore began to die
its in his judgement

he refused to give them bcak the plague because they shunned him afterwards

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's a problem. It's a big problem. Runaan is going to speak to this, if she hasn't already, but I want to emphasize that this is very much something we want to avoid. This is something we are reconciling as you see to the changes in lore that are happening, the assigning of factions, allegiances, etc.

We never want to complete out a champion's lore from inception. We want to have lots of room to tell a lot more stories. We don't want to conclude to a hard certainty because that closes the arch of a character. Integration with other characters, factions, etc, strengthens characters because it allows for continuous interactions, cross pollination and alliances. One-off-ism makes things not only confusing, but puts our characters at such distance from each other they may have no way to have a reasonable trajectory with each other. We need opportunities for characters to cross paths, to have relationships, to create conflict.

Again, Runaan will speak a lot to this. I'm not sure if she's gotten a chance to post about Trundle specifically. We've talked a lot about this before, and I'd like us to message why we do the things we do.

as long as you don't change fiddle's lore.. it's fine how it is.

SlightlySuicidal

04-05-2013

Quote:

Of course.
I can't believe this got stickied...

I think "wow, oh my god, really?" was my reaction out loud when I saw that this of all threads was stickied and some other trundle thread got moved to that audio/visual feedback sub-forum.

Do they really not want us around anymore? Seems like it.