3 Tank tower chip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nethrin

11-07-2010

It was me-Yi
Tristana
and Amumu

Vs - Nasus tanked, Rammus, and Mord.

they were building thornmail and stacking sunfire's each.

My item build before we lost was

Berserker's Greaves
Madred's Bloodrazor
Last Whisper
Sword of the Occult - 20 stacked btw.
Wit's End
The Black Cleaver

I was hella fed.

Tristana had frozen mallet and madred's other misc items. amumu was tank.

Here's my issue. They had so much hp, almost 5k each. I think the rammus was pushing up to 6k. We had the 2 outer towers down. then we just stalemated out. WAS a really good game up until this point. Then they just started completely ignoring us chipping about 5% of the towers health at a time. Slowly destroying them. With the cc from rammus, and the slows from nasus we could never actually land a solid kill on them. They would just trade off attacking the towers, 2 by 2. 3 rush tower, we focus one, he back out while we was stunned and snared he would live, while the other 2 smack tower, focus another, he back out, stunned and slowed we couldn't land the kill. by this point the first one that ran out was back. over 30 minutes that they started this ( This was about a hour and a half game) we just couldn't stop this cheese. Eventually they were in our base killing our main. What's got me so tic'd off about this is they would completely ignore us (until 1 had to run then we get cc'd out the ass) and just chip away at towers.

I raged up and spoke in all stating. " This is truely the most garbage way to lose "....

And i was informed after, that i was a total noob. and that i needed to lrn2play.

What could have been done different? couldn't land the kills due to cc's, and couldn't push out cause of this.

Nihles

11-07-2010

Only thing I can think of is to backdoor. You and Yi at that point should have been able (individually!) to take out a tower faster than all three of them. It is a complete garbage way to lose, I agree.

Aokei

11-07-2010

Backdoor, or have a better team comp. 2 physical carries and a tank? That team just makes it easier for them to stack armor items. Forcing them to balance between building armor and magic resist probably could have given you the edge earlier, thus winning you the game.

Nethrin

11-07-2010

Well, this wasn't a premade, and Amumu picked first, Tristana was originally Nunu as i locked in Yi. After i locked Yi, he swapped from NuNu to Tristana. 2 pysical carry is ballsy, i wouldn't have done it personally. If i hadn't locked in assuming he was going NuNu.... i would have swapped to Akali/Vlad/Leblanc/AP Teemo<--- effective? i dun know but he's fun playing AP :P....

But..... in the same breath, saying 2 physical carries won't work, while 3 tanks will. That should say that there is something " wrong? " with the tank champions?

Aokei

11-07-2010

The main idea behind what I was explaining, was that the enemy team had more of their bases covered against a balanced team than yours did. Most of that damage they were doing is a result of a long match, try to outplay them earlier in the match: zone them out, control the jungle, set up ganks, etc.

Against your team, all they would have to do is wither either Yi or Trist while Rammus taunts the one who isn't withered. During this time, combining Nasus' Spirit fire armor reduction with Rammus' reduction from taunt, allows Nasus to hit like a truck with a farmed up Siphoning Strike. Add in the thornmail, DBC damage, and AoEs. Yeah, that will be a ton of damage.

Also, build more resistances. One banshee's veil in your build could have helped IMMENSELY against sunfire damage and a CC spell.

I understand that playing in a non-premade doesn't ensure the "best" team comps, and that is something that usually happens. Its especially frustrating when you join a game and get a "You have been disconnected from chat", but the times that you can actually communicate with your team you should. When you have teammates who don't try and create a balanced team, theres nothing you can do about it and I don't blame you.