If I get reported

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

11-07-2010

... is there any way of presenting an explanation?

Yesterday, as soon as I entered a game, my wireless connection died (and for everyone in my dorm too). I honestly spent at least 20 minutes trying to fix it, restarting my computer etc but since I'm on a college campus it's not really under my control. I'm truly sorry for whoever I forced to play in a 4v5, and it's completely understandable why they would report me if I did so. However i wouldn't exactly like to get banned for such a thing, and I've never seen any kind of appeal board on here :X

On a side note, this was my first leave, does anyone know how many it takes for an account suspension?

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

If you actually get banned you can appeal your ban by emailing support@riotgames.com but you won't get banned for a disconnection, I disconnected in two games the other day at a buddies house because his internet kept crashing. I'm done playing at his house until he gets a new modem.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

11-07-2010

As long as its rare, you should be fine.

Leaves aren't so much about intent as they are impact on your team. Playing on dialup that cuts out whenever someone tries to call is not something anyone wants to put up with, even if you really want to play.

Riot is developing an automated system that will manage leave "guilt". If you are interested in a large wall of quotes I can post some for you.

AFireInAsa

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
As long as its rare, you should be fine.

Leaves aren't so much about intent as they are impact on your team. Playing on dialup that cuts out whenever someone tries to call is not something anyone wants to put up with, even if you really want to play.

Riot is developing an automated system that will manage leave "guilt". If you are interested in a large wall of quotes I can post some for you.
Yes please; I'm interested in this information!

Lethal Culprit

11-08-2010

If it's a rare occasion, you don't have anything to worry about.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

11-08-2010

Whats in place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
We actually have one of the harshest "game leaving" penalties out there for online games. And we are looking into ways of making it even harsher right now.

for example right now you:
-Are not allowed to play any other game other than the one you are in.
-Lose all progress from that game compeltely (no ip or xp)
-loss of ranking.
-penalized ip/xp for your next 8 games.
-marked as a leaver after leaving too many games.
-permanently banned from LoLfor leaving too many games.

We appreciate the suggestions you guys have for discouraging leaving anymore, and we are reading them and considering them, and will be adding on to leaver-buster moreso in the future.
Whats coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We are in the process of developing an automated leave banning system that works sortof like a driver's license point system.
What if its my connection?
Quote:
Too bad then. It's the same effect on everyone else.

Fair criminal justice depends upon innocent until proven guilty. This makes it so that few innocent people are convicted, but a lot of guilty people get away too.

We would rather hit all of the guilty people and have a little more 'unfair' banning, especially since you are still ruining people's games if you leave and didn't mean to.

What I'm saying is, if you really want to solve a problem quickly, guilty until proven innocent works more efficiently. That's why we will be taking this approach with this system. If someone really is wronged, I suppose they can email support and show that there was a thunderstorm over their house when they left and maybe we will cut them a break.... But that still wont explain the other leaves before then...
Quote:
Nope, we will ban you for leaving a normal game too. Basically, if you are going to be a consistent leaver over time, you are hurting the experiences of your fellow gamers. It doesn't matter to us 'why' this is the case after a certain point.

the system won't be dumb, you'll have to leave a considerable amount to get serious bans, and you get excused to a degree after a lot of good behavior.
Quote:
yes, you are someone who would never get a penalty with that sort of record.

It's basically this:

As you leave, you gain guilt
As you complete games and don't leave, you lose guilt
If you are guilty enough, you get penalized some and get told to cut it out
If you are REALLY guilty, you get penalized A LOT -- and get told to cut it out if you want to continue playing LoL.
Quote:
Yes -- there's actaully two types of guilt.

Guilt in terms of how much you leave...
And guilt in terms of how often we have already penalized you...

Time will cause fogiveness of past penalties -- so any additional penalties become lower if you havent been penalized in a long time.

But guilt in terms of how much you leave only goes away by completing games without leaving.
Quote:
Giving people a % based long-term method incents seniority, but not focused good behavior. Making it highly dependent upon recent behavior incents good behavior always and right now.
Quote:
yes, when it becomes a big problem (if that is), then we will then proceed to ban those people MUCH more stringently and in a far less forgiving manner. We can detect that too. while you might get a 7 day ban after several violations of the leave policy, intentional AFK is something that would escalate to 7 day or longer bans much more quickly.

Of cousre, then, they will use hacks to stay alive. We will detect those, and hacks can be permanent account closure when we catch you.

It's a cat and mouse game, but each step reduces the level of bad behavior.

Bonjah

11-08-2010

Best system is to match make all the leavers and let normal ppl have they fun.

I really cant understand why i have leavers on my team and when I had a look at their status after the game these guys have xx number of leaves wtf....

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

I like this guilt system idea, riot, how bout emailing Bungie and showing them how to keep people from quitting games? Their probation system is laughable.