Gangplank item/skill build help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorZoidberg

12-06-2009

Hi, so to start with i have been playing Gangplank and i have to say i love it! It's awesome but i have some problems. I dont really know what items i should get on him i have tried Condon's guide and Mr Tibbers guide but my question is what one really works with someone thats aggressive. Could you tell me what guide worked for you.

Thanks

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

12-06-2009

Spam averice, add infinity then banshees, win game.

Voidgolem

12-06-2009

Hilarious amounts of crit. Use Parrrley to instagib teh squishy champions.

DoctorZoidberg

12-06-2009

k thanks ill try those out

wildfire393

12-06-2009

Sheen. Sheen Sheen Sheen Sheen mfing Sheen. Parrrrley triggers it and uses its doubling of damage, so it's like making your parleys autocrit with the possibility of doublecritting. Also later you can upgrade it into Trinityforce for even further damage buffing.

Other than that, Infinity Edge is another insanely good item. If you can get a lot of kills/assists without getting killed, Sword of the Occult is another good choice. With Infinity + a Maxed Sword + 10% crit damage from masteries, your crits will deal 3x damage. Combine that with Trinity already making your Parley 250% damage, and you do 750% damage. With just the 30 damage from Trinity, the 40 from maxed Sword, and the 80 from Inifinity plus your base damage plus the Parley damage, this can take down even tanky heroes in one shot. Other good items are things that do large bonuses to damage: Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver. Tiamat turns your attack into Splash, which can be devastating (especially since Gangplank gets the 50% splash as a melee hero). Phantom Dancer is also an option for even more move speed and crit chance, as well as handy dodge. For boots, Mobility or Swiftness lets you gank the best. Don't get Berserker's, they're not worth it as you rarely autoattack.

A final item build would look something like this:

1. Trinity Force
2. Boots of Swiftness/Mobility
3. Sword of the Occult
4. Infinity Edge
5. Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver/Tiamat/Phantom Dancer
6. Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver/Tiamat/Phantom Dancer

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

What wildfire said. Getting 800 damage parlays against people with 2000 health is amazing.