Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quitting/AFK: Does it get better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3D Salmon

04-04-2013

So, I've just come off of my 8th (8th! no exaggerations!) game in a row where I've had at least one (usually more) person will disconnect/be AFK for the whole game. It ruins the game, and it doesnt help that you can't surrender until 20 minutes in. I value my time. I work and go to school full time, I only really have time for 1-2 games a day max.

My question is, does it get better once you get higher level? Right now I'm summoner level 12. When I get to 20-30, am I still going to be running into this sh*t? I really love this game so far with this one small exception, and at times it's not that bad but like I said I haven't played a game in days where someone hasn't disconnected or been AFK on my team and it's really starting to discourage me.

Tipsy Teacup

04-04-2013

At low levels it seems to be worse but I've noticed a lot more people dcing since the Quinn patch. Could just be a coincidence though

TehomCD

04-04-2013

It definitely gets better as levels go up and people are more attached to their accounts. Leavers are extremely rare in my games - if I had to ballpark it, maybe one in every 30 games or so? Not very common at all.

I'm not including people disconnecting for only a minute or two though. That sort of thing happens all the time, and I just kind of ignore it.

3D Salmon

04-04-2013

Yeah, that I'm okay with. Also, I'm playing blind pick because I'm not confident enough in my ability to do Draft and don't wanna negatively affect other peoples games, so I'm sure once you get into those games it's even rarer. I did just have a great game without any quitters, it just seems that something like that is the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks all, I'll keep my head up and maybe start playing draft, it just scares me a bit how much more seriously people take it :/

Voxr

04-04-2013

I think it will get better as your level gets higher. I think the main reason people leave games at low levels is they might have a bad game and get embarrassed so they just leave. Once you get higher level people will be more confident in their play.

Draft pick is actually a pretty good game mode to get into( especially when you wan to learn more specific roles like jungle and support) I would say it's a little more serious, but not by much. The thing with draft is I would wait until you have maybe like 10-12 champs you know how to play pretty well( Again the 450-1350 IP champs are good choices so you save your IP.) that way you have options in case your champs/champs you wanted to play get banned.

It gets better I think. If you really want to safe guard your games against leavers play with some friends that way they'll be less likely to leave.
GL HF
Voxr

P.S. You don't have to have 10-12 champs you KNOW to play draft (although you'll probably get more than that as you level and learn more champs). That's just a suggestion. Also free week champs are included in Normal Draft Pick so you may not have to bring that many champs.

aluckydewdrop

Recruiter

04-04-2013

Leaving due to frustration gets much, much better, to the point where it rarely happens. AFKing and DCing, however, only moderately drops off. Some people just can't get rid of internet problems.

SlamHannigan

04-04-2013

It's been a long time since I've seen someone ragequit or AFK in the middle of a match. I do see a lot of DCs though, especially with the last patch.

3D Salmon

04-04-2013

I've started playing Draft now and have run into a whole different beast, which is, of course, the person throwing a fit and leaving because they didn't get the role they "always play," after waiting in the 2 minute queue. Internet problems are hard.

Voxr

04-04-2013

Quote:
Zeflon:
I've started playing Draft now and have run into a whole different beast, which is, of course, the person throwing a fit and leaving because they didn't get the role they "always play," after waiting in the 2 minute queue. Internet problems are hard.

This will happen a lot as well at lower levels. This at least for me has started to slow down though as more and more people learn to "fill"(i.e. just play whatever's needed).

Vudz

04-05-2013

Once you hit level 30 its becomes pretty rare though it does happen on occasions.