Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hotkeys - mine default to numbers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loljoey

04-04-2013

I'm sure I can change them but do everyones hotkeys default to 1,2,3,4 for their abilities and they just change them to standard q,w,e,r that I see mentioned everywhere?

Or am I missing something :~ ty.

I ask because my self cast doesn't work, ie: alt-1 etc.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

04-04-2013

No, that's very weird. Champion abilities should be QWER by default, and 123456 are item hotkeys.

I think you have to change the hotkeys in-game, so you'd probably want to create an empty custom game rather than doing it at the start of a real bot or PvP match.

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

04-04-2013

If you go into the in-game keybindings menu, there's a button for "Reset All" which should return your keybindings to their defauly Q/W/E/R keys.

If you are sharing a computer with someone else who plays LoL, the keybindings are stored on each computer so it could be that someone else is changing the bindings when they are playing.

Quote:
Loljoey:

I ask because my self cast doesn't work, ie: alt-1 etc.

This is also independently configurable. While it defaults to Alt+Q, you can bind self cast to any key combination you wish. In your case I think that Self Cast Spell 1 is probably still bound to Alt+Q even though your Cast Spell 1 is bound to 1.

Daebak zyk

04-05-2013

It would be sweet if there was a quick option to change from right handed to left handed button config like there is in starcraft 2.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-05-2013

If you want to be able to go back and forth, you can save the config file (found in the Riot post here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1341075 ), though that's a bit slower. It's possible you can find someone else's file for lefties, but that might not actually save you much time...