Shaco or Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonemamba

04-03-2013

Ok so this is my 3rd day i believe? I'm level 6 now so i hope i still qualify as a new player. I have been saving my all the points after each match cause I wanted to buy a champion. hmmm i think i started 4 days ago actually cause I got to use Akali for a day and enjoyed her play style. Looking through champions i saw there are a number of assassins. I've narrowed my first purchase to either Shaco or Akali. They both look fun so there is no wrong answer really. My questions is how do they compare? Akali seemed to get much stronger as the game went on and was brutal towards end game. I am wondering if Shaco is similar is strength at early mid and end game as Akali?

Also i have another question. I notice there are many many options for gear. Is there a place that recommends certain gear to shoot for on each character? Sorry i'm a planner. lol Used to gearing wow toons and what not.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. I've won some and lost some and currently using Amumu wich has been fun but not quite the same. Thanks in advance for any help incoming. /salute

Nanoha Magica

04-03-2013

Shaco is played as a jungler only, and since you're only level 6 I wouldn't bother. And Shaco's last nerf hit him pretty bad, hes rarely played now. And because he is near useless in teamfights.

Akali on the other hand is a pubstomper and one of the hardest snowball champions.

If you want better assassins then there is Kassadin, Kha'Zix and Zed.

Bonemamba

04-03-2013

Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards Akali anyway so that just confirms my choice. Thanks again!

Sauron the Evil

04-12-2013

if you want to spend money (rp or ip), kahzix is the best in my opinion. Played him for weeks and got some pretty sweet scores!

M├ęchantamour

04-12-2013

Shaco isent only a jungler .Shaco takes alot more skill to play then akali,which consists of facerolling your keyboard and getting penta kills.Shaco attacks have to be planned.If shaco cant hold on he falls out of the game completely.Think he cant lane?play him in lane with blitzcrank.Sit in the bush and stack boxes,have blitz pull them in for an insta kill.

Fate000

04-12-2013

Shaco would be the exact opposite - extremely faceroll early and maybe mid, completely irrelevant late.

If you like Akali, Diana has a similar playstyle with less upfront burst but more sustained damage. She also has a shield, so she isn't as easily-killable. However, her strength is entirely dependent on your ability to land Crescents, which is tricky (it's a skillshot that goes in an arc, being the power of the moon and all).

So does Kha'zix, except he's harder to catch - he has a stupidly long-ranged leap and two one-second stealths. He also has this fun mechanic where you can make him evolve, growing wings, spikes, or such, increasing your abilities' power, each time you level his ultimate. He is, however, incredibly mana-hungry (Manamune fixes that!).

As for guides, solomid.net, mobafire.com and lolking.net may be your best bets.

P.S.: Kha'zix is so cute. Just look at him! ^.^