Why or how did I get an IP boost out of nowhere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Der Nordwind

04-03-2013

I got an IP boost yesterday (april 2) for 4 wins, but I have never purchased any of those. I don't even have enough RP to do it accidentally or something. Did this happen to someone else too? Aliens, Illuminati? The intrigue is killing me.

Wipe on trash

04-03-2013

I made a similar thread and the explanation was:
Last week's patch took 12 hours to apply and they are giving everyone from NA a free 4 wins IP boost.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-03-2013

It's a bit more than the length of time, there were some other issues involved as well (having to disable four different champions for varying lengths of time, having to take the servers down after bringing them up - different than just being down a long time, and possibly some other small things too).

KnowYourRoIe

04-03-2013

psshh free IP Boost? I aint complaining

ChronoPoison

04-04-2013

It's because they had trouble updating the servers to patch 3.5 and gave us the IP boost to compensate for the downtime.

AJStarhiker

04-04-2013

That happens periodically. If there's a bad patch or other problems from Riot's side, they'll give out per win IP boosts based on how long it takes them to correct it.

Reggie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Yep if you guys have questions normally just check out surrenderat20.net They normally update whats going on around league