Akali.........

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dulu MZ

04-03-2013

God, I hate her so bad.

Jungle runs into my lane with 40% hp just as she hits 6 and dies.

GG, steamrolls from there.

Delete Teemo

04-03-2013

there's these cool things called pink wards and focus....

ByakuyaYO

04-03-2013

Like Phiz said, pink wards. Always keep a vision ward in your inventory for her.

Akali does a lot of damage and she excels at picking off an individual target. However, she's very easy to kill. With a little focus from your team she will die very quickly, even if she buys a warmogs. Just remember to keep a pink ward. If you don't have one, she will abuse her shroud of invisibility and you won't be able to kill her.

Also, Akali only becomes a monster if she gets kills. If you can starve her from kills, she's not very good at all.

Like you said, when she hits level 6 she killed your jungler. If you know you will face an Akali, pick a powerful early game champion like Renekton. Destroy her before she hits level 6. Before 6 she is pretty much useless. Call for ganks. Deny her farm. Make her regret picking Akali.

I know this is easier said than done, but consider fighting an Akali a challenge that will make you better at LoL. Most people who play her are bad and make many mistakes. Punish her for each mistake.

The first few times you try to destroy her early game might end in failure, but keep practicing and eventually you will love facing Akali. When I fight her most of the times I gain a strong advantage before she hits level 6. And then when she hits level 6, she tries to kill me- but with my advantage I can crush her and make her useless.

Just remember to buy a vision ward, because your team will probably forget or be too stupid to buy one.

http://riotoflegends.blogspot.co.uk/

Dulu MZ

04-03-2013

What good is a pink ward going to do when she can 100-0 most mids once she hits 6?

Delete Teemo

04-03-2013

A good thing to do is prevent her from wanting to jump on her in the first place. Akali generally sucks at life pre-6, and bully the hell out of her. deny her xp and gold, because she can't do much to stop you. Once she's 6, get ready to fight back wisely when she attacks

Anyone can 100-0 someone if that someone panics and flails around like a headless chicken. If she jumps on you, dont fret.

If you're a close-ranged mage (alot of these counter akali, like DIana and Swain in particular) Burst her back. most close-ranged mages have great sustained dps. Abuse this to make you win trades.

With longer ranged mages, put extra emphasis on pre-6, because shes helpless to you then. Once she hits 6, continue to bully her and don't let her get in range. If she does, use any gap-creators you have and continue to burst her.

Ward your lane and CALL MIAS!! If she doesnt get kills, she sinks hard.

Also, this site might be useful. It shows you common counters to any champion. It's especially great to have open if you're playing draft mode or ranked.

http://www.lolcounter.com

Fs Son0fSilas

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzmcgee View Post
What good is a pink ward going to do when she can 100-0 most mids once she hits 6?
On your first back the pink will secure a kill before she hits 6. Even without a gank she will try to escape into her shroud. With a pink ward she'll no longer be able to stealth to protect herself. If you are playing a damage dealer she will melt to any damage you deal.

Post 6 you can still do the same thing. Drop a pink, and when she goes to initiate from her shroud you can drop the pink before hand. Yes she can 100-0 a lot of mids, but she also gets dropped just as fast.

CC, vision ward, oracle's, and focusing will all ruin her. Maybe try calling MIA if she isn't lane, it's likely she will be ganking. And you know, you could always start playing her too right?