Issue Kiting (Orb Walking)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thibodeaux

04-03-2013

I usually just right click to walk then try to right click the enemy, which is super clunky and a horrible way to kite, I know. I know the jiste of it is to use "Attack Move" which is binded to the "a" key. The thing is, I'm not sure how..... When I use this feature, if I am already in range of something, I will not move, just continue attacking. I wish it would actually move me to where I click, then attack the closest target. Is this working as intended? Am I support to move with right click then just flash "a-click" the ground relatively close to whom I want to attack? Someone, please explain in detail...

DestructoDave

04-03-2013

I think shift click attack moves, too. I cant really use attack move very well either, especially A. I dunno why, I keep my hand on wasd like a shooter, a should be easy to use.

But in your case, holding shift and clicking mouse button will attack move, and then you can click without shift, and itll move normal, then shift attack move.

Right now I just click on ppl too lol. The faster way would be what I told you. Im working on it myself.

Mansa TChalla

04-03-2013

I'm trying to learn this too.. I think it's just move a click move a click. I still right click but you're just supposed to 'cast' your auto attack and move over and over again

At least I feel that's how you're supposed to do it

Thibodeaux

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestructoDave View Post
I think shift click attack moves, too. I cant really use attack move very well either, especially A. I dunno why, I keep my hand on wasd like a shooter, a should be easy to use.

But in your case, holding shift and clicking mouse button will attack move, and then you can click without shift, and itll move normal, then shift attack move.

Right now I just click on ppl too lol. The faster way would be what I told you. Im working on it myself.
People always explain it like you just did, which makes no sense to me. If you read what I wrote, I stress that when I click the ground using attack move, I will NOT move if I am in range of anything, making me simply stand still... Is this working as intended?

Niqhtmare x

04-03-2013

i dont know

i still just spam right clicks
its not a bad way to orbwalk

Thibodeaux

04-03-2013

Is it possibly because I have auto acquire target checked off?

DestructoDave

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 PLAYMAK3R View Post
People always explain it like you just did, which makes no sense to me. If you read what I wrote, I stress that when I click the ground using attack move, I will NOT move if I am in range of anything, making me simply stand still... Is this working as intended?
No, what you do is click normally to move, then you hit shift+the mouse button and it will attack move,and then you click normally again, and itll move a small bit, then you hit shift+mouse and itll attack move

Make more sense? M, S+M, M, S+M, M, S+M

Right now I dont really do that though, even though I know what I am supposed to do. I just move and let the auto attack happen; just dont click way off where she is running a long time. Like barely in front of your char. I mean, she will auto if anything is in range anyways, its just the shift way will stop you from running too far and not getting autos off. So as long as you arent clicking way off into nowhere and making her run too far, you are basically doing the same thing. The shift+mouse will require less mouse precision. So you could keep your mouse away and just keep rotating between normal clicks and shift clicks, if that makes any sense.

Right now I still noob it up and either click on ppl or click very short and let the auto happen, but the right way is probably with shift