Countering Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonRipper

12-09-2010

Hey, I can't stand this champ. It seems as though he is the most protected caster champ in the game right now. Hell he can kill you from the safety of his BASE if his team is at least competent.

What's worse is that I have absolutely no idea how to stop him.

Part of me is QQing about how powerful his ult is. Even when I play him I hate how bloody cheap it gets to just spam damage without any sort of punishment. Fleeing enemies? They low? Lol GG.

So seriously, I need advice on how to sucessfully counter Karthus in games right now.

CaptainTrips01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Magic resist. One negatron cloak should cut the damage on his ult to 40-50%, from 20% or so if you're a squishy. That and Banshee's Veil, which is a good item anyways.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

Banshee's Veil. Even just the Negatron Cloak by itself as mentioned above. If you an AP character build an Abyssal Scepter and gain damage in the process.

With Karthus free this week ive been rushing abyssal against them in mid (as kennen & leblanc), they just cant touch you and you've still got your damage output.

Chingmeister

12-10-2010

Yi, negatron cloak, right click Karthus. Highlander makes you immune to wall snare. Meditate when he uses ring. GG.

Sturmhard

12-10-2010

simply go back to fountain when you drop too low with health and kick him in the nuts as much as you can during laning phase.

Aemon Darkstar

12-10-2010

Abyssal Sceptre if you're an AP Champ, Hexdrinker if you're AD, and Bveil or FoN if you're tank-ish. All of them work well against him.

CrimsonRipper

12-10-2010

Yeah... not working as much... I do ask teammates to get the hexdrinker, still lose. But that's prolly because one game I had a ****ty top lane that fed a LANING warwick.

Slide

12-10-2010

FYI Hexdrinker doesnt counter Karthus as you are normally below 40% health when he ults.

All you need is a Neg cloak and keep a couple potions handy (Fort Pot being the best counter). If you get low on life, return to base to heal.

It can be a pain in the ass but if you just keep in mind that your gimping Karthus while your doing it, it makes it a lot easier to swallow.

Czinege

12-10-2010

I love how everyone say get one Negatron cloak and it'll cut his damage.
It's like saying Karthus won't buy any item, he wont have 9 points in the offensive tree for 15% Mpen, with MPen runes, can't get any item with Mpen...

Czinege

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
Yi, negatron cloak, right click Karthus. Highlander makes you immune to wall snare. Meditate when he uses ring. GG.
You probably have no idea what's Karthus's passive, right ?