Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should I Move on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corona009

11-07-2010

this is a team game so you will always have team drama. youve been used to doing things on your own without people relying on you, so theres no pressure. but in this games where a 5v5 game can turn into a 4v5 if you dont play with the team people will start flaming you. you have to accept this. if its too much for you ignore them in the chat.

DoctorRetarded

11-07-2010

Quote:
PlatinumVanguard:
honestly as long as you aren't doing something super stupid like running headfirst into a 3v1 situation I can't see how people would be mad at you.

Are you kidding? Last game I played in, we had Vlad and Sion on our team, but in prematch Vlad complained we had no tanks, (i guess didn't know he was playing a tank), and then he left after his first death, ****ing our team to failure. I get hate and get called a feeder when i have the least amount of deaths on the team, despite the fact I main ryze and quite often am the squishiest member of said team. Many players seem to only care about their own personal KD ratio and do not give a **** about playing as a team, unless they're doing poorly, then of course they proceed to blame anyone but themselves for their performance. Of course, this in solo games, and I'm only level 20 and have been playing about a month. So I don't know everything. It just seems as soon as I got lvl 12+ the playerbase turned really trollish. I remember getting turned off of DOTA because of the playerbase there, and I think the same thing might happen here, unless I can get an invite to some premades and maybe not get MM'd with teams that are level thirty.

CptSeaCow

11-08-2010

My advice to you is give it a chance. I have met quite a few friends that I enjoy speaking with immensely! If people are ruining the game for you /ignore enemy will mute the entire enemy team allowing you to focus better, and if it is your own team treating you poorly /ignore ally does the same thing. I know that isn't the best way, and that people should treat others with respect, but this game is insanely fun, and I hope people won't ruin it for you

Stillhart

11-08-2010

The more I lpay this game, the better I get. The better I get, the more I realize that a lot of the people berating others aren't particularly good either. The good ones will try to suggest ways for you to improve (okay, sometimes it won't be polite, but you gotta weed out the bad words ).

I was playing on my low level alt because I wanted to learn Yi. I know people really hate feeder Yi's so I figured on a noob account I could make all the mistakes I want and not draw too much flak. Well one guy on my team kept calling me a noob and I simply said, "Yes, I'm a noob. That's why I'm level 7. If you don't want to play with noobs, why did you make a smurf account?" That shut him up fast. Sometimes, you just have to stand up for yourself or call them out on their BS.

Other times, they're just ****s and that's when you use /ignore <name>. I literally put my entire team on ignore before the first minions spawned the other night. They were SO obnoxious. The rest of my game was blissfully quiet and respectful.

CptSeaCow

11-08-2010

Stillhart is right (I find myself to passive and would rather just /ignore), but as he also mentioned there are some games where people just want to be rude and then the calm silence of ignore enemy + ally creates quite a peaceful game. Plus it doesn't have to hinder gameplay as they can still see your pings

DoctorRetarded

11-09-2010

Well I didn't quit LOL was just having a bad streak. Anyway, I started doing premades a LOT more and my fun level w/o leavers or griefers has upped exponentially. So stick around, buddy, and find out what fun this game can be for yourself. Just don't hit that solo button...ever. Unless you want griefers/leavers.

Kei143

Recruiter

11-09-2010

I found a couple of things:

1) When people start to know the ins & outs of the game / mechanics a little bit more, they start to get more arrogant.

2) People have been on teams that may have a few more experienced players and probably rolled the opponent teams a few times (mostly because of good team play - read my story below), hence they think they are good.

3) They have chosen a champion that they like and is trying to train / prActice more with that champ so they can be better. Either that or they are trying to use their best champion to achieve #4.

4) People have changed focus from learning the game to trying to get to max level, fill rune books, get into ranked matches, therefore becoming more wanting to win and competative.

All those changes make people less patient and bring out their bad side. When does all this normally happen? Lvl 12ish to lvl 30 (and probably a little bit more since people are still trying to get runes). Which is when you'd probably meet the rudest people.

During those levels, I would friend people that I had a good time with (ally or enemy) and I did do premades at that time and was invited to other premades. Don't know what they saw in me, I'm just an average joe that's active.

I do admit, I was striving for wins during my late 20s but I wouldn't call people feeders, as I hate being called that myself. I also suck at giving up, so I'll do my best to play better that game, changing builds mid way (depending on enemies and their controlling skills). Sometimes it would change the battle, sometimes I'll just continue to get stomped, but hey - that's what the game is about. Can't win everything.

Eitherway, you'll find lvls 12-29 with the most jerks. As you progress with normal games past lvl 30, you'll find people more fun inclined. Reason? The really competative ones are playing ranked (and they do have a higher expectation, which is understandable). The casual ones are left to just have fun, try out new champs / builds. Which does make it easier on stress (you guessed it, I mainly play normal solo now)
---
Story on #2
----
I was playing a normal game last night, solo queue blind pick. Our team consist of teemo, amumu, twitch, rammus, and myself as soraka. It was pretty much a one sided battle. We start with first blood in mid by teemo and twitch, then amumu got a double kill at the bottom lane.

Our twitch in team fights would easily get double or even tripple kills and got most the kills in team fights. Which is what twitch should be doing. In fact, we never lost a team battle when we had more than 3 people. Twitch scoring most the kills obviously got a huge confidence boost in that game and continued talking about how good he was. But he did call me a feeder on my first two deaths and he continued with that to teemo, who had a few more deaths than him.

At the end, these are our scores:
Twitch: 34/4/2 - had excalibur, phantom dancer, yommus ghostblade and other goodies
Rammus: 3/3/12
Teemo: 4/8/9
Amumu: 19/0/21 - had 3 Sunfires, building a force of nature
Me (soraka): 0/4/42

The truth was, aMumu was thE one that was good and he set it up in a way that twitch could get kills. Rammus was alway there to protect twitch and taunted the enemies (AND walked them into twitches line of fire). Teemos shrooms allowed us to avoid or set up ganks, infact most of teemos death identified for us when the ganks came - he would put a shroom in the brush and get assaulted by 4 people.

This setup made it so that twitch WILL be the star, but when the game was over, you can see that twitch had way less wins (and wAy more leaves) than Amumu. This twitch's a jerk, but amumu just stayed quiet and enjoyed his game quietly. I had fun that game, the enemy team did give us some challenges in team fights, but it was good teamwork that rolled them.

JokerSmilez

11-09-2010

Unfortunately, it's the internet and people think since it's "anonymous", they can be an ******* all they want.

I'm kind of in the OP's boat in that I've never been very good at competitive video games and most of my video gaming experience has been in single player games. However, I recently starting playing LoL because several of my friends play it and since I recently moved to a new city, it's a good way to hang out with my friends from back home. They're all pretty good as they have years of experience at competitive games like Starcraft, DotA, WoW PvP, etc.

I haven't played too many games without my friends as I tend to find it pretty intimidating, but with more experience, I'm getting braver about venturing out on my own (ie, without 1-4 friends on Skype coaching me along) and I find I'm doing better.

I don't know if you have any friends who play, but it's a good way to avoid the typical ******* player who thinks that any loss is everyone else's fault. I've also found it's a good way to learn the basics of the game so I know when someone like that is just talking out their ass without knowing anything or actually knowing what they're talking about and just being a jerk about it.

Overall, I use the /ignore and report features often as I figure they're there for a reason and there's no excuse for being a jerk, no matter what the level of competition, especially at lower levels. Don't be afraid to report people for being a jerk. It's oddly satisfying.

It also helps to know that if you can have fun and enjoy a game without being super awesome at it and not tying your self worth to your k/d or w/l ratio in a freakin' video game, your life is probably much more fulfilling than the ******* on the other end of the internet who freaks out on everyone for not being as good as he thinks he is (but really isn't).

Le Phuong Thanh

11-09-2010

I've had similar experiences and honestly it's made me want to give up. I haven't yet, but my enjoyment has significantly decreased. I'm not the greatest at these games either, but I try...sure, I don't do the right thing most of the time but I do try. The thing is, when I don't do well (probably nine of ten times) I feel like I'm letting the other four (or, often times less than four) people down. Sure part of me thinks, "Well, if I had someone to watch my back," or if I only picked another character...but ultimately those few people who have been jerks are the voices in my head, telling me I shouldn't be playing.

And, by the way, this isn't in the 12-29 range, so that theory doesn't apply.

Elryc35

11-09-2010

I was enjoying this, until I had the gall to start trying to learn a new toon and now face non stop flaming. Decided all I'm going to do now is fight bots. They're no challenge, but they also don't flame the **** outta me if I mess up, so in the end its far more enjoyable.