Should I Move on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mathelgod

11-06-2010

I'm feeling extremely discouraged right now. I started this game because it was super interesting and entertaining. It had all the elements I liked about various games ranging from RPGs to RTS's. I was looking forward to leveling a summoner and racking up kills and takedowns on my profile. The fact that no one could see your losses and such took the pressure off a bit, I don't care about victory or defeat, I just want to come out on the other end smiling. There were always secondary goals for me, such as topping the charts in terms of minion kills. Lately, however, things have been changing. I started my matchmaking career nad had fun because I was playing with other new players such as myself. Now that things progressed a little bit, the playerbase I play with has seemed to change. No matter what I do it draws remarks from my team. It's like the fun has been sucked out of the enviornment. I've been blamed for a 3v2 loss twice, with minimal deaths... I don't really consider that feeding... I don't know. The game seems to have hit a brick wall and I'm wondering if it might be time to hang things up for awhile. I was really looking forward to this, but it seems even normal games are far more competitive than I care for. Heck, even my buddies scream at me sometimes. is there a breaking point, should I move on to something else... I hear there's a nice F2P Battlefield game out there, but I'm terrible at Online FPS's too...

xpsychedelico

11-06-2010

I will assure you that not all the playerbase acts in this manner. If people are getting on your case, you could always /ignore them, and report them after the game for verbal harassment. Often, in these types of games, people like finding fault with everyone else rather than themselves, it's easier to put the blame on another person than deal with the fact that they sucked. So don't take it to heart, befriend players who were friendly and nice and queue with them. Report those who are hostile and berate you for everything you do, especially if they have no reason to.

As you level up and move up in Elo, these people will become a lesser occurrence, many players here can vouch for that.

Mathelgod

11-06-2010

Well, part of the reason I do believe I recieve hostility is because in situations like this, I was never a strong player. Counterstrike, Battlefield (insert sequel here), Warcraft III, played them all pretty badly. Now, in the FPS type games, I could get lost in a team of up to 63 other people, so it wasn't too bad. Warcraft III I mostly played 1v1 so I never had a teammate to yell at me in the first place. I was nowhere near the top in any of those games, as a matter of fact, due to slow reaction time and other factors that are part of being me, I usually end up at the bottom, which is fine by me. Part of the fun in those games was not the actualy gameplay itself, but rather progress of me as a player. Yeah, my K/D ratio is rediculous, but you better believe I made it to Colonel in Battlefield 2142 not too long ago, for me, quite and achievment, and it's what I strive for. I'm not competitive minded at all. I just like looking at myself as a player and tracking me personally, I don't worry about others. The problem here is, I seem to have others keeping tabs on me for once. I do not intentionally misplay this game, I do my best. But for the first time in my life, I'm finding that other players are actually irritated by this. I thought matchmaking would keep my towards the bottom in terms of elo so I could stay with others like myself, but as I leveled up, it seems to not hold so true. I dare not queue up with my level 14 friend, those games can get nasty. I'm fast approaching that point myself. Is there any room in this game for a player like me? Or is my style not a good fit here. I got kicked out of DotA games for my lack of skill, why should this be any different.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

you can feel your skin hardening if you reflect on how trivial every interaction w/ another actually is....just proceed and learn and grow from every perceived humiliation

Lord Hecarim

Recruiter

11-06-2010

i know how you feel

xpsychedelico

11-06-2010

Well, think of it this way: did you do what you possibly could to the best of your efforts? Of course, you can make mistakes, but as long as you admit you did them, and try and prevent it from reoccurring, I think you're doing good. As long as you're always giving your 100%, you shouldn't let what others say get you down. Everyone has bad days, bad games, plays badly on particular champions etc. People get upset and rage, that's not unexpected. You can't control what others think, it's impossible. But you can control how you react to what they do and say. You can decide that what you've done is the best you could at whatever point in time, and ignore what they say.

C H E R R I O T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelgod View Post
I'm feeling extremely discouraged right now. I started this game because it was super interesting and entertaining. It had all the elements I liked about various games ranging from RPGs to RTS's. I was looking forward to leveling a summoner and racking up kills and takedowns on my profile. The fact that no one could see your losses and such took the pressure off a bit, I don't care about victory or defeat, I just want to come out on the other end smiling. There were always secondary goals for me, such as topping the charts in terms of minion kills. Lately, however, things have been changing. I started my matchmaking career nad had fun because I was playing with other new players such as myself. Now that things progressed a little bit, the playerbase I play with has seemed to change. No matter what I do it draws remarks from my team. It's like the fun has been sucked out of the enviornment. I've been blamed for a 3v2 loss twice, with minimal deaths... I don't really consider that feeding... I don't know. The game seems to have hit a brick wall and I'm wondering if it might be time to hang things up for awhile. I was really looking forward to this, but it seems even normal games are far more competitive than I care for. Heck, even my buddies scream at me sometimes. is there a breaking point, should I move on to something else... I hear there's a nice F2P Battlefield game out there, but I'm terrible at Online FPS's too...

Just keep playing man, it really depends on WHO you play with.. I find that it's just a matter of how you look at it. I mean the more you play, the more people you meet, the people you like just add them and make a premade team out of them and you will enjoy it even more!

Aemon Darkstar

11-07-2010

Its the internet. /ignore and have fun.
Better, find a bunch of decent, communicative people, and do premades. Solo does suck, admittedly.

Vendoriz

11-07-2010

hons ur skill and i doubt your teamate would put blames on you! sometimes being tell off your mistakes is the way to improve!

PlatinumVanguard

11-07-2010

honestly as long as you aren't doing something super stupid like running headfirst into a 3v1 situation I can't see how people would be mad at you.