Trundle - Rework - Fan-Made Animated Login

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearman399

04-10-2013

Amazing, keep it up!

Fuzzkat

04-10-2013

My only feedback would be to smooth out the transitions when his club arm is changing direction/angle. You need to add a few padding frames so it doesn't look like his arm just stops abruptly and changes direction. The animation term is easing in/easing out. Needs more of that.

Otherwise I imagine Riot's official animation will look very similar. Good job.

Charliecss

04-10-2013

Thanks everyone!

@ Fuzzkat: I definitely plan on redoing the arm when I circle back around to work on this one again. The arm was the first part I animated and definitely feels slightly out of place. Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it!

Froctel

04-10-2013

awesome

LiQuiD StRiPeS

Lead Motion GFX Artist

04-10-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliecss View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEyOEFVZNxA

I've spent the last few days creating this animated log in screen for the new Trundle rework splash art. I really liked the artwork so I decided to have a go at animating it.

This is my first attempt at creating one and I definitely learned a lot during the process.

I had to break it into different layers and then paint in the background and parts that were missing behind them.

I'm thinking for the next one I'm going to work on Augmented Singed as it was an awesome splash as well, at least until the Lissandra art surfaces and I can have a go at that one!

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism you might have so that I can improve. My goal in life is to eventually work at Riot as a Motion Graphics Designer. Figured I needed to start my journey to that somewhere!

All the original artwork belongs to Riot.

I'm such a fan of those who take the initiative to learn/create based off pure inspiration. On top of which, this rivals some of the best fan made logins I've seen. I look forward to seeing your future screens as well as your improvement over time. Great work!

Bloodseek

04-10-2013

great job! The only critique I can give which will improve it a lot more is to slow it down on some of the motions so it doesn't seem so jumpy.

Richard Williams has some great tutorials about animation that might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xuXTVn5KtM for example on timing and spacing. These videos have made my 3d and hand drawn animation MUCH better

[edit] mostly the area at 6:30 is what I'm talking about... if you cushion the movement of the arm between the movements, it'll be less jerky and a little more life-like as he would flow between pose to pose

[edit_2] I just remembered the words I was wanting to use when writing this originally, you want to ease in and out of the poses. >_<

SpderMan

04-10-2013

riot... hire this person

TheRealAlastar

04-10-2013

This, Sir. Is Kick-Awz

Lladnar

04-11-2013

This is freaking awesome. Great Job!