Ranked game duo bug?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ultradragon

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Whenever I invite someone to ranked we're always last pick. This happened for 8 games straight.

k4k Tetrix

04-18-2013

Yeah me too .. I am looking to find out if there is a bug or it is well done. And I think it's a disadvantage if we respect the rule of order pick for us.

Redamntion

04-18-2013

This is not a bug.
Champ select pick order is based on hidden MMR.
When you duo queue, Riot places you in a game with other people that are just slightly ahead of your hidden MMR in order to negate some of the advantage that duo queue provides (by providing you with more difficult opponents). Because your opponents are higher MMR, and Riot doesn't want to punish the other 3 people on your team who are solo, those 3 will in turn also be higher MMR.

As a result:
- if you are near the same hidden MMR as your duo partner, you will always be the last two picks.
- if you have very different hidden MMR, the one with high MMR will be first pick, and the one with low MMR will be last pick
- if your are somewhere in between, one of you will be last pick, and one of you will be 2nd or 3rd
- One of you will always be last pick

Clear as mud?
Anyways, it's working as intended.

Hoping that clears some things up.

falcolink

04-18-2013

^^^ redamntion have the reason you and your friend just are the lowest MMR in that lobby