Beginner Ranked hoping to learn more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroTakenaka

04-01-2013

Typically I play supports so I am on my 5th placement match(2 wins - 3 losses). I typically play passively in bot lane going Sona or Soraka mostly.

Here's the deal. The 2nd person on their team chooses Alistar. My first thought goes to: Alistar/someadc bot lane. Well, considering Alistar's stuns, I choose Taric.

Final Bot-lane set-up: (me)Taric/MF vs. Alistar/Caitlyn

As we get into positions and play for a bit, I begin to notice that I can't make any plays against Alistar or Cait. If I tried to go in for any stun, Cait would run back.

I'm wondering if there was a better support champ I could have used against Alistar to make it easier to make plays.

Funny thing is my first thought was Janna and that could have helped better than Taric.

Or, do I just need to learn Taric so I could have done something against them?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zarzaphel

04-01-2013

Quote:
If I tried to go in for any stun, Cait would run back.
Why do you think this is a bad thing? If she's way back avoiding you then she isn't csing. She isn't in a position to poke at your MF. She isn't in a position to help if the jungler tries to gank. If they just refuse to go anywhere near you then you don't even need to make plays. Freeze the lane and let your adc free farm while they fall further and further behind.

Quote:
Or, do I just need to learn Taric so I could have done something against them?
Learning a champ more is never a bad thing. However, you'll improve a lot once you realize that making them run away from where the minions are IS doing something. You deny them gold from csing (one of the most important things you need to win). And, if they're far enough back, you also deny them experience.

Good luck in the rest of your placement matches :)