What should be done to Mercury Treads?

Leave 'em. They're fine. 15 60.00%
Nerf the CC reduction to 30%. 6 24.00%
Limit the CC reduction to work only on snares. 1 4.00%
Remove CC reduction as a game-mechanic and rework the boots entirely. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Mercury Treads tweaks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admonished

12-07-2009

I say leave em the way they are until they change that ridiculous Card Master.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

nerf the CC redux, but AT LEAST give a mastery the ability to mitigate CCs as well, if not another item.

Flaggro

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
CC is overpowered enough as it is... If anything I agree with the general consensus that more ANTI-CC items should be added to the game. I typically roll with cleanse, banshee's veil, quicksilver, and merc treads and still get WTF-PWNed by teams of all CC stackers.
Here's the problem with anti-cc items: it really ****s over CCs with damage components. Morgana, Ryze, Amumu, Warwick, and others severely lose utility and damage from a single, cheap item. If you added more CC reduction? That begins to hurt such characters even more.

Let items like Veil and Cleanse block spells, but permanent reduction from items? That's ridiculous. Leave that to abilities like what Mundo has.

Lameador

12-07-2009

There lacks an option to your poll

* Reduce their price by 300g (removing the prereq item) and remove the magic resist

They would still be usefull, but at the expense of MR

JayceJa

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaggro View Post
Here's the problem with anti-cc items: it really ****s over CCs with damage components. Morgana, Ryze, Amumu, Warwick, and others severely lose utility and damage from a single, cheap item. If you added more CC reduction? That begins to hurt such characters even more.

Let items like Veil and Cleanse block spells, but permanent reduction from items? That's ridiculous. Leave that to abilities like what Mundo has.
this is one of the main problems with mercury treads, however it also could be changed to deal full damage while shortening the CC duration only

that is if riot feels willing to address it considering how little most people seem to care about such an obvious imbalance

though i still think making them reduce slow amount only would be best, it would make them much less desirable for such a little cost, but still very useful, especially against one of the big problems being the item snares and lizard buff

klorinator

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

The slow reduction would still hit Teemo's mushrooms. I think what they need to do is separate the effects of these skills into a CC effect and a damage effect. This would allow the CC portion to be reduced while the damage remains separate. It would also allow Mushroom to damage Yi during his ult and speaking of which exhaust should have the same thing done to it so that Yi can be blinded while ignoring the slow.