What should be done to Mercury Treads?

Leave 'em. They're fine. 15 60.00%
Nerf the CC reduction to 30%. 6 24.00%
Limit the CC reduction to work only on snares. 1 4.00%
Remove CC reduction as a game-mechanic and rework the boots entirely. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Mercury Treads tweaks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaggro

12-06-2009

In the opinion of many, Mercury Treads are godlike, and could use a bit of a rework. They have a great concept, but the current mechanism is perhaps too powerful, especially on ults designed to disable.

Four options are on the table. Which do you choose?

EchoRex

12-06-2009

With the amount of disable in the game, they're working as intended. They could actually use some companion items that stack with the same effect.

Flaggro

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
They could actually use some companion items that stack with the same effect.
I don't think that's the way to handle CC at all. There are already spell blocking abilities in place. The problem I have with Mercury Treads is that they completely annihilate existing CC abilities, particularly ones that rely on doing damage over the duration. They're all but essential, and I don't think any item should be.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Let me guess, avid Teemo or Morgana player?

JayceJa

12-06-2009

they need a change, instead of reducing cc times by 30%, i think they should reduce the AMOUNT of slows by 30%, more useful against chain snares or item snares, but doesn't make them ******ed against single slows or stuns, which i believe is the intention

slows are not overpowered until they are stacked on a team,

yoplate

12-06-2009

I think that they are by far the best boots in the game, and need to be toned down.

Dagna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

I feel this game relies far to much on CC as it is. There need to be more options for CC reduction with a hard cap set at 50% reduction. If there where more options for CC reduction then I would support reducing the the reduction on the Mercury Treads.

mermin

12-07-2009

way way way OP boots (compared to other boots)
just let aegis give a cc reduce aura.. everyone gets it anyway

renticletape

12-07-2009

CC is overpowered enough as it is... If anything I agree with the general consensus that more ANTI-CC items should be added to the game. I typically roll with cleanse, banshee's veil, quicksilver, and merc treads and still get WTF-PWNed by teams of all CC stackers.

boris37

12-07-2009

i think they are fine and the other boots just suck. If it wasn't for these boots late, game, every game boots would be the absolute worst part of your inventory.

If it wasn't that many heroes have multiple cc's... i might say yes, they are overpowered. But when we have heroes that have slows+stuns you annihilate characters that do not have survivability.