Should I stop playing Ranked?

Yes, Get out of ranked you scrub 18 28.13%
No, Keep at it! Don't Give up Buddy! 46 71.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Should I just Quit playing Ranked LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weenis Too

04-01-2013

platinum 5. last season I had been down below 750 and almost everygame I have been in since platnium win or lose I have been really disgusted by how many low quality players (on my team or against) are there. I mean 100% serious pre level 30 things happen EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Id say dont quit ranked because it the players are generally better, and the normal draft pairing works similarly anyways. But just keep trying stay positive enjoy what you can.

devo21an

04-01-2013

Either find a 5v5 premade team, or give it up. Frankly, I would just start playing normals, where it's actually possible to carry yourself out of Elo Hell. But hey, people aren't exactly nice there either.

PH4L1NX

08-19-2013

Revive Bump.

Terror96

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrix Linx View Post
This is actually a serious question. I have over 200 ranked games this season alone, nearly a 46% win ratio, and am stuck in Bronze V yet AGAIN. I know my skills as a player overall have improved greatly since playing ranked, but I constantly seem to be teamed up with Toxic and Foul players who just seem to want to lose and troll all day. I main support for the most part, so I cannot do much on my own, and since not many volunteer to go support, I don't get a chance at other roles. I'm just tired of being sent back down to Bronze V anytime I work my way up about half way through IV.

I REALLY want out of Bronze in general. I really don't want to quit playing ranked, as it seems to be the only mode in which players potentially give it their all and actually seem to care about how well people play. I have duo-queued with some people, and its more hit and miss than going in alone. If I go into games with a positive attitude, people have negative ones, and vice versa as much as I do my best to stay away from becoming negative. There is no winning with the teams I get matched up with. I would like to ask YOU, the community on what I should do. Quit playing ranked, or keep going and maybe some of you might carry me out of Bronze. Who knows, YOU decide what I should do.
If you want to get out of bronze V.... increase your skill lvl by always finding somthing you can do better each game... i got from silver V to gold III with this mentality... i know alot of trolls are in bronze V but alot of the time u can just win a game by split pushing a lane.. play awesome champs that u can control well

Strilter

11-20-2013

I've played with everything from bronze 5 peeps to diamond 2... obviously not ranked as im silver 5 lol, but anyways as a support main all that changes is that the people you work with as you gain in rank get better at reading you... the cod mentality never goes away, in fact it seems to get more and more prominent... I've played games with golds and plats where they have almost no cs because the second they hit the lane they want to go ham (typically it works out though because they counter picked the enemy lane, or have an early game advantage, yatta yatta)

anyways as a support even though I'm silver 5 I am able to sit in with higher ranked peeps, all that happens is that the more you play with them the more you hate getting people that don't understand what your doing. Their attitude never really changes, they are just better at knowing what your up to... If you think a little understanding from your team makes the game better. Think again it just means they constantly grill you over non lethal practically harmless mistakes, like taking a slightly less efficient path through the jungle to place a ward when then entire enemy team is already dead and what not.

I will say playing with people that know what their doing is fun, but it will be difficult to get up to that level of play by only supporting. (it isn't impossible)just difficult.

ZTZaorish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

I lolkinged you.

Looking at the stats of your champions, even your best ones, I notice 1 trend.

You die too much, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo muchh......

This is the #1 reason you are in Bronze.
Every time you die, you deserve to lose the game. Think of it that way, and you will improve fast.

For me, if I die 1 time in laning, it is VERY BAD.
I die twice, it is a horrible game and if my opponents can't pull out a win, then they have thrown the game harder than I have and I got lucky.

I see this all the time, especially ADC's. They say OMG I am 10-6 and I can't carry this. I prefer a 0-0 ADC over a 10-6 adc. Why?
Because the 0-0 ADC is alive to help during teamfights and to get objectives.

So remember, dont' die, no matter what.

Also, don't blame your team for your deaths. You can't trust ANYBODY in solo queue. So take calculated risks, don't go really ham, and expect your team to back you up.

Hope this helps.

Grumpie Bear

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 8 View Post
I have played about 40 ranked games and I can tell you it doesn't get any better in Silver either (I'm in Silver III). Not really any better until Gold III.
The player base in top gold and low platinum also sucks. Everyone wants to blame someone else for the loss, and the games are often incredibly one sided.

Grumpie Bear

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZaorish View Post
I lolkinged you.

Looking at the stats of your champions, even your best ones, I notice 1 trend.

You die too much, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo muchh......

This is the #1 reason you are in Bronze.
Every time you die, you deserve to lose the game. Think of it that way, and you will improve fast.

For me, if I die 1 time in laning, it is VERY BAD.
I die twice, it is a horrible game and if my opponents can't pull out a win, then they have thrown the game harder than I have and I got lucky.

I see this all the time, especially ADC's. They say OMG I am 10-6 and I can't carry this. I prefer a 0-0 ADC over a 10-6 adc. Why?
Because the 0-0 ADC is alive to help during teamfights and to get objectives.

So remember, dont' die, no matter what.

Also, don't blame your team for your deaths. You can't trust ANYBODY in solo queue. So take calculated risks, don't go really ham, and expect your team to back you up.

Hope this helps.
Haven't looked at your lolking, but I have to agree. When you calculate the annount of time you spend dead and look at it you will see how much time you spend not getting XP or gold

I Feed as ADC

11-20-2013

I find premade draft pick games to be much higher skill level then ranked games. Ranked isn't very good for improving in because you are trying 100%. Unless you push the limits of what you can do with a champion (which means failing) you will never reach your full potential. If you join a team/clan and start doing premades you will learn the flow of the game much better because your talking to your teammates and will probably have a higher elo player calling shots. Also you will notice a CLEAR difference in teamwork and invade response times, which will make you be able to take advantage of opponents who don't work together well.

Another example is build paths. If you are only playing ranked, I guess that you just use the most efficient pro builds available. Whereas if you practice different builds in draft pick you get a much better understanding of why you should buy the items, which will add more fluidity to your builds.

Whoa There Betsy

11-20-2013

OP is silver 4 now lol.

Bronze V is impossible to escape…yeah...