Should I stop playing Ranked?

Yes, Get out of ranked you scrub 18 28.13%
No, Keep at it! Don't Give up Buddy! 46 71.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Should I just Quit playing Ranked LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PH4L1NX

03-31-2013

This is actually a serious question. I have over 200 ranked games this season alone, nearly a 46% win ratio, and am stuck in Bronze V yet AGAIN. I know my skills as a player overall have improved greatly since playing ranked, but I constantly seem to be teamed up with Toxic and Foul players who just seem to want to lose and troll all day. I main support for the most part, so I cannot do much on my own, and since not many volunteer to go support, I don't get a chance at other roles. I'm just tired of being sent back down to Bronze V anytime I work my way up about half way through IV.

I REALLY want out of Bronze in general. I really don't want to quit playing ranked, as it seems to be the only mode in which players potentially give it their all and actually seem to care about how well people play. I have duo-queued with some people, and its more hit and miss than going in alone. If I go into games with a positive attitude, people have negative ones, and vice versa as much as I do my best to stay away from becoming negative. There is no winning with the teams I get matched up with. I would like to ask YOU, the community on what I should do. Quit playing ranked, or keep going and maybe some of you might carry me out of Bronze. Who knows, YOU decide what I should do.

Edit: Silver IV currently. This was made a LONG time ago..

Yourcatmolested

03-31-2013

I'm in the same boat brother. I try my hardest and just never escape Bronze V. I'm not saying I deserve Gold, but many friends who are in high silver/gold say I don't deserve to be stuck in the depths of Elo Hell (which definitely exists).

To anyone who says "Play enough and you'll climb out", or "if you're that good you'll carry your team", NOPE! Simply not true. It is literally impossible at this point. Any win you get is offset by the next 15 losses. People just do not take direction well, constant fighting over lanes in champ select, it's absolutely terrible. Draft seems much more coordinated and more friendly, but I'm not a fan of playing games that don't count. I'm literally about to just give up an account I spent hundreds of dollars on for skins and champs all because I can't escape Bronze 5.

Sintal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

what you have to account for is the one constant in every game you play is you. your play, in any role, directly affects your team. I am stuck at Silver V it is frustrating but the matchmaking system is suppose such that if you are winning roughly 50% of your games, you are at the level you should be. Over time, as you play games, you will get better, once you start getting better, learning from your mistakes and becoming an overall better player, you will move up. Just like with anything, the more you play, in theory, the better you will get.

You say that you are playing support, which is a great way to actually boost your rating, if your playing it correctly, warding constantly, not taking CS from your carry, not pushing your lane when your carry isn't there, and watching your mini-map and constantly pinging things that that others may not see... Since I have not played with you, I can't say for certain your skill level, so perhaps you are that diamond level player stuck with the bronze, but chances are, you are at where you should be at this point in time.

Even though the system is excruciatingly slow in progression and annoying at times, it is not COMPLETELY broken.

8 8

04-01-2013

I have played about 40 ranked games and I can tell you it doesn't get any better in Silver either (I'm in Silver III). Not really any better until Gold III.

FireFallen

04-01-2013

Kill more people win more matches play with people with the same goals as you always betta then soloing it and joining scrubs in chat rooms

Dotayy

04-01-2013

I was in bronze with over 300 wins. They said "With that many wins you are meant to be in bronze" **** that I got from Bronze IV to Silver III in less than a month!

xHyDDRo

04-01-2013

I just got paired up with 2 toxic players and i got deranked to bronze 3 from 1, i was pretty mad.
So i play another game to end the night but i notice in the champion pick, that i was paired up with the 2 guys that troll picked at last second last game.
I never thought i would be stuck in elohell, but i guess everything is just to good to be true.

IS16115bb30aba84

04-01-2013

i actualy love when ranked ques are disabled. all good and bad players can play together in normal games.

FlippantFox

04-01-2013

I had over a 50% win ratio for awhile and still couldn't get past Bronze II. I got into II and suddenly everyone forgot how to play the game, it seems.

I blame Easter.

Zeraphicus

04-01-2013

Ranked is strange, I'm silver V, the people in my ranked games are terrible, I had a game the other day I went 16/10/20 as skarner jungle and we also had a Diana that was pretty good, but our top lane and not lane were awful. I ganked their lanes and limped them through the laning phase, but come tf phase they would always get caught out of position. I could 1v3 solo but it wasn't enough.

Normal games on the other hand, the people I play with are great, I rarely get toxics or feeders. If I can do well I can secure a victory. I'm +55% win rate in normals lifetime, but I am quite a bit higher this season as most of my losses were pre level 30.

I think the player pool for ranked is much smaller so the skill variable is much larger. Also I only have 15 games ranked vs about 120 normals, more games will improve this.