Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mexicans need their own server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmellTheJava

03-31-2013

Quote:
Kickop:
"Like always, it looks like all the americans keep thinking Spanish=Mexican."

I join a game, complain about the people speaking spanish and not english, they say "lern espanol than men"

What stops spanish speaking people from learning english, why do they insist we learn their language if we want to be able to communicate.

I don't care if it's generalizations or not, I'm not trying to be racist, but I don't want to play with people who don't speak english who are playing on the NA server.

Now is when you realize that the NA isn't an english server. No, im serious.

Nun

03-31-2013

Agreed 100% I don't understand what they are saying, or sometimes even if they're making fun of me ;(

Kickop

03-31-2013

Actually just realized there is a Brazilian server, all spanish people should just go play on that. It'd make everyone happy.

tony911ba

03-31-2013

I find this post racist. I'm Mexican and I know English,but still this is just wrong. That's why it is called North America server... USA/CANADA/MEXICO come on dude.

montyElGato

03-31-2013

Quote:
Now is when you realize that the NA isn't an english server. No, im serious.

Open LoL. Go to change your server. Notice how there is a language selection, and NA comes up for "English"????? Yeah.

Like many people, I hate it when I get stuck with the Spanish Wonderboys on my team. (I.e. at least two Spanish-speakers who decide, even if they DO speak English, that: "Hey! Someone else here speaks Espanol~! Oh, wonderful! How we will have a nice Spanish chat for the whole game and ignore the rest of the Summoners!"

Ugh.

EDIT: My username has Spanish in it, yes. I'm getting this in, if possible, before people comment on it. My girlfriend is Mexican, and we have a cat; that's where the name comes from. I understand only enough Spanish, though, to know when the Wonderboys are spending the game insulting the rest of us in Spanish (which happens ALLLOTTTT). I think it could only help the game if there were separate servers for different languages. It's just a very annoying thing, as I'm sure many of you will agree.

jaypepe

03-31-2013

Quote:
tony911ba:
I find this post racist. I'm Mexican and I know English,but still this is just wrong. That's why it is called North America server... USA/CANADA/MEXICO come on dude.

how is this racist?
we havent said anything against mexicans or spanish people except those that deserved it.

we just want to segregate english speakers and non english speakers because isnt that what riot has already done with the other countries and servers? we just want it to happen again and split NA server into two for everyone to be happy.

unless you would rather have a server with people unable to understand one another?
please be aware that as people have mentioned "to learn some spanish" is a very difficult and improbable task. you cannot make thousands of players learn words of another language just to play a game properly.

Sintal

03-31-2013

Quote:
Kickop:
Actually just realized there is a Brazilian server, all spanish people should just go play on that. It'd make everyone happy.

You realize the primary language of brazil is Portuguese, not spanish

Junayis

03-31-2013

Quote:
Kickop:
For the last 5 games I've played I've been matched with at least two people who speak spanish neither me or them can understand each other.

I call top, mexican calls top after the game starts and then starts the spam of pings and saying "me top me top me top me top me top me top me top"

I tend to play four-five games a day where I get a person who speaks spanish on my team, and every single one of those games, we end up losing because they can't understand me, or anyone else on the team.

Please make a server for just mexico, or maybe a filter for english speaking people only...
I can't deal with playing ranked and getting screwed over because it's a 4v5.

It would make both sides happy, I'm sure spanish people get angry about having all these english speakers on their team and not understanding a word they say.

Agreed.

The Quantum Life

03-31-2013

South Americans are all SOOOO HOT HEADED. They FREAK THE F OUT if you make fun of them after they just bashed you.

SeCKS Egai

03-31-2013

Quote:
Kickop:
Almost all of the spanish speaking people I get matched up with don't know what a ping is even used for.

Even when I play ranked, you'll see someone who doesn't speak english spam pings, not pay attention to your pings, and go into 1v3s and then blame the rest of their team for doing something wrong.
"men i fead now"

Where, with english players, usually you get matched with idiots.... but they tend to understand what a ping on the enemies team inhib means, what a ping of dragon means, etc.

That's a perception issue.

You're simply remembering bad games where someone supposedly spoke spanish and did poorly for this reason or that. It's very possible to troll folks pretending to be a Spanish speaker, or Korean or any other language if you take a few minutes to google.

You've got a strong assumption that Mexican = No hablo inglés.

The majority of folks I know of Mexican descent were either born state-side or speak English. The likelihood is that they speak English and understand what you're saying, they just don't care. If my American accent weren't so damn obvious, I'd claim No hablo inglés any time I didn't want to answer something.

Then again, it probably be like telling someone I don't smoke when they ask me for one when I'm smoking.

I see a bigger problem with bad English speakers who whine and complain about someone doing poorly when they do just as bad if not worse.

If you look at the post and how its played out as a whole, you're basically seeing people's bias and racial bigotry, just shy of racial slurs.