which is more competitive, ap or physical dps tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jedidioh

12-06-2009

well, the title says all

Voidgolem

12-06-2009

Depends on when in the game.

AP rapes face earlygame, starts to suck when people start having the MR/health to survive unholy burst damage.

Phys. Damage rapes face lategame, somewhat subpar early.

RamboBatman

12-06-2009

I'm not a top tier player by any means but, I think the consensus is that Tristana is the worst ranged-physical carry (behind Corki and Ashe). That being said, people also don't put a lot of stock in her AP build, it does put out some ridiculous burst damage with her jump+rend+ult combo but can't repeat until ult cooldown is back up. Also, AP Trist took a hit with the changes to Mejai's SS. Generally, I don't think Tristana is considered a competitive character with any build. AP builds can be fun but, ultimately if you're playing a caster you want some better CC so you can contribute more to teamfights. Building her as a carry is the obvious choice and certainly not terrible but, other carries are better suited to the same role. I've been playing a lot of Tristana recently but this is only because a)I have an irrational aversion to playing Ashe and b) Corki costs my life savings in IP.

SomeoneRandom

12-06-2009

The only competitive good build ive seen for AP trist is one that converts later... I think he went soulstealer, tri-force, and then converted over to infinity / black cleaver (phantom dancer or frozen mallet, depends on the game)

Mostly for the reasons suggested... the person I speak of is usually 10-0 or 10-1 by the time tri-force is bought and you have enough excess gold to swap over and go carry mode for late game

The problem this game has is the same as Dota... all the OP carry heroes are also all the horrendously BORING heroes... (ashe, twitch, tryan, etc etc) So my friends and I tend to play more interesting carries and they usually work out well Got a pretty good carry Janna build and my friend can play a sick trist XD

Speaking of, PLZ BUFF JANNAS BASE ATK SPD SO I CAN BE MORE EPIC! <3

Wernstrum

12-06-2009

Pretty much what Voidgolem said.

Tristana got beat around pretty badly with the nerf bat back in beta and she's been underpowered for a while now, though the recent buffs have helped a bit. Ashe, Corki, Trynd, etc. can pump out the damage better and earlier than Tristana, but few champions have as much built-in survivability as she does (and the Rocket Jump+Buster Shot into a tower trick). If you can work with your team for kills, escape ganks and prolong the game, Tristana can pump out monstrous amounts of damage.

Zekk

12-10-2009

For attack power Trist what are some good item builds these days? I've been trying her and I've had some success with:

Malady or Executioners depending on their team setup
Zerkers
Black Cleaver
Frozen Mallet
Inf Edge

Usually the game ends before I can finish building Inf Edge. Anyone have suggestions on other builds?

Ghostraider

12-10-2009

For me Attack power Tristanna is only way to go in competitive enviroment I personally play her like this:

Sword of the Divine
Berserker Greaves
Infinty Edge
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver