[guide] Blitzcrank: The steam-powered **** machine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadzin

01-14-2010

"Potato. Also your mother..."
xD I died laughing, my boss was like Wtf? 0.o
Great guide. I tried blitz for the first time yesterday
and went 12 and 5
It was a blast
I used to play Dota so "hooking" mans to their doom is natural
You are right that blitz chunks towers like they are made of paper
power fist triforce punches dead like an instant 500-600 dmg
and enemies were so **** scared of trying to defend the tower
that they were standing just slightly further of my rocket grab range xD
Great guide, I'm sure to follow it again, i intend to buy blitz :P

barokas

01-14-2010

Is Clarity really that bad as a summoner spell for Blitz?
I've been playing Blitz since yesterday and I've been starting games with Regrowth Pendant (14 health regen per 5), Clarity and Teleport.

One thing I thought to be great was using Clarity just before your health hits 20%, that way your shield will be WAY bigger, while still solving your (and your allies) mana issues on other occasions.

Tikor

01-14-2010

I didn't find this guide for a while, but this is my reaction for mid Elo (the only place I can speak from):

"I could really care less about the content, even though its A+ correct, the side splitting awesome of the presentation keeps drawing me in! " - Echo7

Alucard628

01-19-2010

does his ultimate really silence. the ingame tooltip doesn't say it does but website says it.

Zorkdork

01-19-2010

Cranks ult used to silence but that feature was patched out a while ago.

Expertise

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by barokas View Post
Is Clarity really that bad as a summoner spell for Blitz?
I've been playing Blitz since yesterday and I've been starting games with Regrowth Pendant (14 health regen per 5), Clarity and Teleport.

One thing I thought to be great was using Clarity just before your health hits 20%, that way your shield will be WAY bigger, while still solving your (and your allies) mana issues on other occasions.
Problem with using Clarity before mana shield is that you have to use it BEFORE. Usually when you get around 20% health, you are running away (or either fighting to the death) and usually forget to activate Clarity. The reason why Clarity is mostly useless is because its potential isn't really great for Blitzcrank. When I use him, I barely ever die, mostly because I act as the initiator. I prioritize grabbing people and then my whole team rips that guy to shreds. A 5v5 battle quickly becomes a 5v4. I don't really see a need with Clarity, advanced Blitzcrank players will know that flash is a must (Flash grab tactic) and Clairvoyance is a pretty good skill for him as well. Why? Low level battles usually result in kills for me or my lane partner because I have Clairvoyance. I use it on the grass where the enemies are hiding close to my turret, and sometimes they don't even know I used it. This is used so that I can pinpoint their location and grab them to my turret, using the flash-grab trick. It's basically an instant kill, because they won't be realizing it, and I've already punched them with powerfist.

IrishDoom

02-20-2010

I really, really love this guide. I like that it has three distinct builds depending on your team makeup.

My question is about rune choices, which has only been lightly touched upon. Here is what I'm running with now:

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Crit Chance
Quints: Crit and Move Speed

I chose dodge for the yellow for those times where I have to be the tanky robot. I prefer the DPS build, though, so focus more on Armor Pen and Crit. is there a different route I should think about going with runes?

Zarking Photon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I love you. I love Blitzcrank. I didn't think I could love him more, so thank you. Also, Nunu.

condon

03-03-2010

I kinda changed the build a teensy bit *lots lol* to work better with current game dynamics, also, it fits better with my normal team mates playstyles *they are dumb, so I require more fat, AND more sassy*

Hope no ones upset.

xSJx

03-03-2010

The new build is awesome