[guide] Blitzcrank: The steam-powered **** machine

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joru

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Nope. To clarify, the sentiment was that improving your knockup only reduces its cooldown, not effectiveness. The cooldown on your rocket grab will never come close to being as short as knockup, so if you mainly *note the importance of mainly* use the knockup in conjunction with the grab, it's more useful to level your grab for the early spike damage than it is to level the knockup so it can sit around off cooldown longer while you wait for grab to cool down.

Make sense?

PS. I also wanted to be able to scream MORE FISTS.
Okay, I follow you. But you still have a sentence saying "You will never have a fist cooldown as low as your grab..." there which should be reversed.

Also, if we're going to take the stance that grab-fist combos are the most important thing to shoot for...shouldn't that also be a case for getting and leveling Overdrive earlier? Overdrive only needs to buy you like one extra hit per level to outpace the 60 extra damage per level from Rocket Grab, and between the attack speed increase for enemies who stand and fight and the move speed increase to keep you in range of runners, it seems like it should be able to do that easily. In addition to being a pretty potent escape tool. It's also the only skill he has that isn't immediately great right from level 1...a Blitzcrank with middling Grab/Fist skill levels and 5 in Overdrive seems like he should be more threatening than one with a few extra points in Grab and/or Fist but only zero or one in Overdrive.

Of course, that's mostly armchair analysis. I don't have much hands-on experience with Blitzcrank, not because I don't like him (I've always kind of wished he could be one of my mains), but because I have a history of doing horribly every time I play him, probably either due to being too massively stupid to buy Sheen early or too massively stupid to weave my abilities properly with it (or maybe for trying to Rocket Grab by clicking directly on people running at slight angles; it's been a while, so I don't really remember). Though with this guide, maybe I'll be able to give him another shot.

condon

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
Okay, I follow you. But you still have a sentence saying "You will never have a fist cooldown as low as your grab..." there which should be reversed.
You're absolutely right, I must have rotten brain meats. Sorry.

As to the strategic suggestions, I find that overdrive ends up getting you killed early game more than it helps, and that's not specifically a "theres a slow at the end" problem, but also a "I am a leaf on the wind" problem. You may have the mana shield, but you don't have much survivability early, and I find overdrive makes you stupid early on.

Also, I like the one two. Reminds me of Dudley from third strike, tbh. Good times.

Dag. Now I'm sad I didn't go with "Gutter trash: The How-to guide to robo-boxing"

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

I play a carry Master Yi build, and I love nothing more than a good Blitzcrank on my side, fisting people in so I can roflknife away at them. Your guides are great bro. Keep 'em coming.

Captian WTF

12-07-2009

man i feel useless after this guide like im nothing

Scyllz

12-07-2009

Hey Condon, can you do a guide on Nunu next?

Graty

12-08-2009

Do a guide on Udyr.

Yes Maam Kablam

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Also, I like the one two. Reminds me of Dudley from third strike, tbh. Good times.

Dag. Now I'm sad I didn't go with "Gutter trash: The How-to guide to robo-boxing"

I personally always thought of Blitzcrank as the Mango Sentinel, but I could never figure out which lane partner would be his Captain Commando assist.

FlyingSkull13

12-08-2009

I use blitz usually as a tank, but its good to see that u can use him as a damage machine, thnx for the colorful comentary

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

blitz is balanced. tank, dps, stunner, initiator, magic dps (from ult passive... sort of). what he sucks at is farming and harassing with blitz can be difficult depending on your opponent.

Solasce

12-08-2009

Awesome guide. Where can we get the uncensored version?

1234567 ... 9