[guide] Blitzcrank: The steam-powered **** machine

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graty

12-06-2009

I like seeing this continuing series move on to Blitz now, because god **** do I ever love him.
Pulling people in general is an utmost 'Ah Shi-' moment, let alone through trees and brush.
And nothing is more teeth nashingly aggravating than having the a creep stolen from you, literally stolen. The Ol' Grab n Drag'(on). Did you know that; You can pull the dragon, along with other rune creeps, through the jungle? It's true, but make sure you have a phage or some slows/stuns on hand, because they'll be ****ting their creep pants trying to get back to their post whilst trying to regain their health.

Only con I can see; he's the most expensive mother ****er out there in ip costs, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

A *typical game for me.
*note; may not be typical.

Yes Maam Kablam

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogun View Post
You can miss with Rocket Grab, so I can see why some would prioritize Overdrive. It's tough to miss with Overdrive -> Power Fist, and Overdrive can be used to escape when you're almost dead. If you're focusing on Rocket Grab, switching up your tactics doesn't hurt either. If the enemy team is busy hiding behind creeps, you can still bring a world of steam-powered pain to them.
It's also very useful to have Rocket Grab available at the end of the fight to grab cowards. The cooldown on Grab is a little long, so if you use it at the beginning of a fight, it generally won't be available to snare fleeing champs. When panicking, people have a tendency to run in straight lines, making a grab easier.

It's really a matter of play style.
I refuse. Rocket Grab missing is hardly a reason; it just means you need more practice. Charging in with Overdrive may fit some people's "style", but if you just look at the numbers, it doesn't make sense. Overdrive is percent-based, so it's constantly scaling up and works best at the endgame. Rocket Grab's damage only scales up with ability points (does anyone buy those on Blitz?), so it's most effective at the beginning of the game.

Also, one thing I think people should note: Rocket Grab does not pull enemy heroes through impassable terrain, like trees and junk. Pudge's meathook, this is not.

condon

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthesto View Post
I refuse. Rocket Grab missing is hardly a reason; it just means you need more practice. Charging in with Overdrive may fit some people's "style", but if you just look at the numbers, it doesn't make sense. Overdrive is percent-based, so it's constantly scaling up and works best at the endgame. Rocket Grab's damage only scales up with ability points (does anyone buy those on Blitz?), so it's most effective at the beginning of the game.

Also, one thing I think people should note: Rocket Grab does not pull enemy heroes through impassable terrain, like trees and junk. Pudge's meathook, this is not.
This is true. Rocket grab doesn't like terrain, however, you can usually get away with the corners. It's quite tricky. Tall grass, in case it needs to be clarified, is fine.

Of note: You CAN jack rune creep kills and such with fist. It still does the damage, and pulls the mob/hero/minion to the wall, just not through it. I've gotten kills sneaking in to the terrain next to a tower and tossing out a fist in case they were blue pilling.

Bearx

12-06-2009

I don't understand this guide at all. Grab as first skill? Guess you don't plan on doing dragon. Leveling grab really high? High mana cost.

Not getting overdrive up high? Lol wut? Towers are glass. Get overdrive up to 3 and power fist and 2 creep waves takes down a tower.

To each their own, but this is not a guide I agree with at all.

Voidgolem

12-06-2009

Rocket Grab's got a high enough cooldown that you'll have your mana pretty much back the moment it's off cooldown as long as you've got a Meki, in my experience.

*shrug*

Lemt

12-06-2009

This guide is great, and I have nothing to object.

To Bearx and any others who disagree with this guide: this is not the only way to play Blitz. It IS a great way to play him, but then again Blitz is awesome. If you go for health regen over mana regen at game start, then it's correct to only get one level of Rocket Grab. Power Fist for Dragon/Golem is the correct choice as your first skill, but Rocket Grab is the way to go if you either don't plan on killing, or are going to 5-man ganking the enemy team at dragon. This way you initiate by pulling one of the enemies, and gank as 4v5 instead of 5v5.

Everdark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2009

Another great guide by Condon that caused my bowels to get scared and release all the candy and happiness and make it leak out the leg of my pants. Could you help a poor talentless souls (me) out and make a guide on Karthus that puts the fear of god in the weak little maggots that are all the non Karthus'. I have a hard time making Karthus into the weapon of mass destruction that causes the players piss their sweatty trackpants in the fear of my world wide bug zapper that I wish for. Cheers.

Joru

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
"But Condon! I want to use moar fists! MORE FISTS! The robot fisting machine is only good when hes fisting, right!?!?!" Get back on the pills. No, the red ones. Look, the only thing you get from more levels of fist, is less cooldown. You will never have a fist cooldown as short as your grab, and early game, you really just need fist for last hits and to grab people who misunderestimate your skill shot.
I don't think I understand what you're saying here. You claim that Fist isn't worth pumping early because it will never have a cooldown as low as the grab's...but Rocket Grab has a 22/21/20/19/18 second cooldown, and Power Fist has a 9/8/7/6/5 second cooldown.

Did you mix up a fist with a grab in there somewhere?

condon

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
I don't think I understand what you're saying here. You claim that Fist isn't worth pumping early because it will never have a cooldown as low as the grab's...but Rocket Grab has a 22/21/20/19/18 second cooldown, and Power Fist has a 9/8/7/6/5 second cooldown.

Did you mix up a fist with a grab in there somewhere?
Nope. To clarify, the sentiment was that improving your knockup only reduces its cooldown, not effectiveness. The cooldown on your rocket grab will never come close to being as short as knockup, so if you mainly *note the importance of mainly* use the knockup in conjunction with the grab, it's more useful to level your grab for the early spike damage than it is to level the knockup so it can sit around off cooldown longer while you wait for grab to cool down.

Make sense?

PS. I also wanted to be able to scream MORE FISTS.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2009

Congratulations condon, you've just convinced me to try Blitzcrank.

I would like to humbly request a guide to Karthus or Shaco. I love playing them, but I haven't gotten the playstyle down yet. Share your wisdom with us!

123456 ... 9