Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Sheik

12-07-2012

Is this Q&A outdated?

Could someone please explain to me if % armor penetration stacks? For example, if I have a black cleaver and a last whisper, and the black cleaver hits max stacks, would my auto attacks and abilities penetrate 73% of the targets armor assuming I also have the 8% mastery as well?

DarkenDragon

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRN View Post
Is this Q&A outdated?

Could someone please explain to me if % armor penetration stacks? For example, if I have a black cleaver and a last whisper, and the black cleaver hits max stacks, would my auto attacks and abilities penetrate 73% of the targets armor assuming I also have the 8% mastery as well?
they stack multiplicative not additionally

so you would multiply the 2 percentages together to get the actual percentage of reduction.

but in your case, you are mistaking armor penetration and armor reduction, the're 2 different things. reduction is applied before penetration. so you do the reduction part first then whatever you have left is what you do penetration

Spidermonkey2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
All the information in the Learning Center is up-to-date. Read through it first if you have any questions!

Q: How does dodge work?

A: The best way to show how dodge works is an example, let's say you have 10% dodge in your runes.

10% dodge.

You grab Ninja Tabi, which gives 11% dodge.

11% dodge +
(89 * .1) = 8.9% dodge

For a total of 19.9% dodge. (Note that the 89 comes from the percent remaining from the previous dodge percentages have been calculated.)

You then get Phantom Dancer, which gives 20% dodge.

20% dodge +
(80 * .11) = 8.8% dodge +
(71.2 * .1) = 7.12% dodge

For a total of 35.92% dodge.

Could someone please update this. Was just looking through and it has some great information. This shows complacency at a company when you still have on a pinned post dodge when dodge is not even part of the game anymore. I am a huge supporter of LOL, but is hard to tell a friend to play a game that is awesome when we cannot even keep up with our own posts.

ZerglingsForZion

01-05-2013

This Q&A was awesome but is so outdated that it's now a source of confusion and misinformation.

coheedrocks72

01-08-2013

I'm just extremelly confused by all the terms everybody is using unless your talking about what lane to use.

Montecore2

01-20-2013

Question
when I buy items from a store it sometimes replaces my one of my other items, why is that?

abo rashed

02-08-2013

please ..! i have problom my account has suspended untile 9th of february <<<<<< i cant waite until
9th and give me one cuses to suspended i dont nothing ........ why ??

Sik Six 6

03-18-2013

Links leading to "The basic guide for runes" and "good list of various phrases and terms" do not work :/
If somebody could please fix the links or link me towards the correct links that would be very much appreciated

Zanas Shadow

03-25-2013

Nice info thanks

Alexiterio

04-16-2013

This FAQ is almost completely outdated and has dangerous misinformation.