Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Bump + question:

Is there a cap on return damage (a la Rammus Defense Curl/Thornmail) and does it stack additively or with diminishing returns?
Rammus's Defense Curl deals an exact amount back while Thornmail deals a percentage taken back. The thing is, it looks like both of them act separately because of this. There really isn't anything else to stack though, because I don't believe there are other damage return items/skills, and Thornmail is Unique.

Lollerman

08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
Rammus's Defense Curl deals an exact amount back while Thornmail deals a percentage taken back. The thing is, it looks like both of them act separately because of this. There really isn't anything else to stack though, because I don't believe there are other damage return items/skills, and Thornmail is Unique.
Correct me if I'm wrong:

- Thornmail doesn't stack with itself (which means the cap is 20%)
- Attacking Rammus that wears a Thornmail means your damage is returned on two separate occasions; once from Rammus's curl, and once from Thornmail, essentially returning your attack twice

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

That's completely correct. If you watch the people who hit you, you can even see the 'attack return' animation play twice if you are Defense Curl'd and have a Thornmail.

Lollerman

08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
That's completely correct. If you watch the people who hit you, you can even see the 'attack return' animation play twice if you are Defense Curl'd and have a Thornmail.
Woah, so I'm getting twice the bang for my... er... initial bang. Holy ****.

I think I gave someone the wrong impression before by saying they can get two Thornmails to become OP anti-DPS tank. Boy do I feel silly.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Edit: once again, this needs to be stickied, badly.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

Bumping for the new players' benefit.

Aremis

08-26-2009

Hello,

can anyone tell me how can i put items on the floor or how do i craft items when my inventory is full?

Thanks in advance

Crazzthor

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevarian View Post
Can you dodge spells?

Read it again my friend...if your not in the mood....answer is no =)

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremis View Post
Hello,

can anyone tell me how can i put items on the floor or how do i craft items when my inventory is full?

Thanks in advance
You cannot drop items, but you can buy the highest item in the chain even without all the parts in your inventory.

For instance, let's say you were building Lich Bane which is something like this:

Null-Magic Mantle
(Amplifying Tome + Mana Crystal) -> Sheen
Blasting Wand

Now, if you have the following items in your six slots:

- 4 full slots.
- Null-Magic Mantle
- Sheen

You can click on the final item (Lich Bane) and pay for all of the items that you don't have. So for the price of a Blasting Wand (880) and the combine cost (950) you'd end up with the Lich Bane.

Jesta1004

08-28-2009

I really hope I'm not reposting something that has been answered elsewhere (as I've been looking for the last 40 minutes)

But there are times where a number (usually a 1) will appear on a non-consumable item (like a avarice blade, BF sword, etc.). I am curious what this number is?

I know on consumables (pots, elixers, etc.) it is the amount you have but what does it mean on non-consumables?

any help is appreciated.

eXes

08-28-2009

It's a left over from the previous consumeable item in that item slot. So if you had 2 health potions in first slot and 1 mana potion in 2nd slot, then use them and buy new items. The first item has a 2 and the 2nd a 1.