Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Thanks very much this was quite helpful, even though i knew most of this

01-22-2011

About it, i have some questions.

Q: What order is armor penetration/MR penetration applied in?

A: From top to bottom

Armor/MR Reduction
Flat/Linear Armor/MR Penetration
% Based Armor/MR Penetration

What is MR Reduction and penetration?
What is Flat?
What is Linear Armor?
What is % Based Armor?
Can someone show me an example using this formula?

sorry for my stupidity

Thank you!

bchillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2011

Very helpful thanks alot.

Broney

01-28-2011

Are the formulas for gold on hero kills posted anywhere?

Soul Eater of Li

02-06-2011

got an question:

if u get mega slowed (like hitting lotsa mushrooms) u will walk backwards?

TrLSg El Prado1

02-15-2011

How could I use the first skill of champion "Anivia" like the guy in first video ( I meant select a taret)

Not a straight way like this guy
Thanks...

Magnious

02-23-2011

Does spell vamp apply to magic damage done from auto attacks(Wits End, Bloodrazors, etc...)?
I have seen conflicting posts all over the boards and thought I would get a definitive answer here. Thanks!

graysword

02-26-2011

como se faz pra abrir novos personagens ?

Commando Havoc

03-02-2011

Just a few questions.

If a tower is attacking you in mid shot (firing to the west), and you use flash (flashing to the south), will flash pop the tower shot? Just wondering.

Teemo's mushrooms...if you group them and one goes off, will all the others go off as well, or will they all have to be triggered one after the other?

Can you negatively slow someone, rendering them motionless, like Nunu's ice blast with frozen mallet, exhaust and a couple of Teemo's mushrooms?

Some of the free to play champs are "locked" and I can only play as the ones that I have already bought. Is this supposed to be like this?

Also, I had absolutely no idea what spell vamp was until I read this.

I find this very helpful! A lot of the stuff here really helped to clarify quite a few issues, like the caps on critical strike and attack speed. I was Master Yi once, and i was trying to stack A LOT of attack speed, but he still seemed pretty slow with his standard attacks. This helped to clarify that and some other things. Thanks for going to all this trouble for us!

haidasaint

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post

Q: How is IP gain calculated?

A: You gain a set amount of IP based upon whether you win or lose (winning gives you more). However, there are also a few other modifiers as well. If it is your first win of the day, you get 150 bonus IP (so try to win at least once a day!). If you win the game in a short amount of time, you get some bonus IP. Conversely, if you lose, but the game took an hour you will gain IP for fighting the good fight. In addition, you gain extra IP for playing streaks of games without leaving. Then, if that isn't enough, you can always try out the double IP boost from the Riot Store.

sorry i was supposted to click thumbs up on here but i also wanted to know if voting for a surrender has an affect on ip streaks